Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '32 gas tank on a Model A frame? Any pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DirtyThirty, Sep 7, 2010.

1. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

I have a frame right now with provisions for a '32 tank ( rear frame rail sections that fit it extended off of the A frame ) I am on the fence about how it will look, and have not been able to find any pics of this set up on a complete car, so, I'm having trouble visualizing it.
    Anybody done this with pics to show?
    Thanks,
    Mark.

2. xadamx

xadamx

I'm curious about this as well. If no one has pictures of this, maybe someone can whip up some Photoshop magic?! Is the body a coupe, sedan, or roadster?

3. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Mine is a coupe, however, I'd be interested in seeing how this might look in any model, too...

4. Tman

Tman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Cool...
    Thank you. I'll check it out, and I appreciate the help offer, too. The car will be an ongoing project for some years to come, so, I'm just planning, right now.
    I tried a search, but got nothing.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  6. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Anyone with pics of a finished fender-less car done like this?

7. 5window

5window

If you like it you like it, if not, that's just each person's opinion. I think it can look good-or sometimes it looks like a '32 tank grafted onto a Model A. I am not sure yet what makes the difference in a particular car.

In any case, you have to keep in mind that you are suspending a tank full of fuel that is sitting on top of hot exhaust pipes and is ripe for some idiot on a cell phone to bop in to. That would make me nervous. OTOH, where ya gonna put a tank in a Model A (mine is inside)? Let us know what you decide.

8. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

I've seen it done several times and think it looks great if done correctly

9. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I got behind an A a few weeks ago and it had this set up on it. It looked ok from one angle and not so at another. I was thinking about doing this with my 28 sedan but I think I will go another route. There was a thread on this not to long ago.

10. I did this one a few years ago. Sorry about the pic, is all I could find. I liked it a lot better than the trunk mounted tanks that used to be there.

Attached Files: