Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by homemadehotrod, Feb 5, 2013.

1. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

some more

Attached Files:

2. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

more

Attached Files:

3. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

more more

Attached Files:

4. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

almost done

Attached Files:

5. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

here is the new frame next to the old one , any one need a stretched frame , must have been off on the numbers some where , the new one is a copy of the ASC rail

Attached Files:

6. 31Apickup

31Apickup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like you have it nailed, good job. Have you considered doing an center x-member like a 33-34 Ford?

7. 19-c

19-c

Wow!!! great job! The new frame really looks good!!!

8. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

thanks. have not put any thought into center x members yet.

9. flthd31

flthd31

Nice progress! You look to have that profile down perfect on that second set.
    Amazing fast evolution!

10. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

you deserve the credit on that one. thanks for the use of your idea

11. Hey Dude, Your hard work has turned out a nice product. Congrats!!!

12. So, are you going to be able to hit your initial price point? If so, I think you're going to be busy.

The new frame looks great!

JH

13. wallyringo

wallyringo

bring a few frames out to the fathers day weekend L.A. Roadsters car show / swap meet, you wont find a bigger car show of model A`s and 32`s. plus see some other vendors who make frames? its worth a road trip. good luck

14. krylon32

krylon32
    Alliance Vendor
    from Nebraska

You are on the right track. Don't assume the front to rear contour of the ASC rails is 100% correct. We always had to tweak them in our fixture to get the shape on the money. You need to check your front crossmember to see if it will fit a stock style radiator. Your project is looking good. I buy a fabbed rails from a company in Ohio and they are made the same way you are doing yours.

15. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

what is going to be the best type of X bracing to use. i guess what is the going thing

16. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

if you guys look in the back ground in some of the pics you can see a little on what i work on

17. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

I know others are going to disagree but I like the Pete and Jakes tubular style center section.

18. 19-c

19-c

There again going to differ from person to person and what trans is used. I prefer a traditional styled K member or X member but thats just me

19. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

forgot to answer your question Harrison. that would be YES

20. tobyflh

tobyflh
    from Peru il

looking real good. what kind of steel are you using? I've used p,o steel and it welds and grinds real nice and damn near look like chrome when you're done

21. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

22. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

so, i guess im ready to start building them. im going to start with the 32's until i get the 30--31 and 26--27 years figured out. do you guys think i should move this over to the classifieds or am i not ready yet. every ones thoughts please

23. 19-c

19-c

Go for it! When you get an order for 5,000 of them you better have a back up plan! haha just teasing ya. Good Luck! I know we told you to not paint them but now that you have the system down I wouldn't see any harm in cleaning a set up and painting them with red oxide primer for some pics to advertise with. I think they look great!

24. moparmuscle1

moparmuscle1

Good job , you have come a long way in a short time . To bad you dont have a real or good fiberglass body to sit on it for show . Or , time to start your own 32 Ford build . Start a thread if you do and good luck wth the future .

25. 19-c

19-c

how are you going to sell them? as a perimeter frame with a model A front cross member and tubing in the rear?

26. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

i want to do a 31 coupe build. i just need to find one. and start shopping for parts. if i do i will surely post the build on here. you guys been a great help. thanks a bunch

27. 19-c

19-c

I am no expert by any means so if someone wants to chime in that would be great. would it be better to put the cross member in so that it lies undeneath the top plate of the frame rail. Stronger?? this is a pic I found not sure who's it is, but I think is maybe the norm for installing the Model A cross member. Not being critical of your work just a suggestion?

Attached Files:

28. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

exactly .perimeter for sure with 32 style front cross member and tube in the rear. i dont know but i think it would be pretty easy with the equipment at work to fab up a 33-34 style X member. for a little more. maybe another $200 more. i dont know, thinking maybee $1200 with the X member and $950 for perimeter.

29. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Any weld nuts for the body mounts?

30. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

did i put mine in the wrong place. also the X member in that pick is what i was thinking of doing.