Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 ford throttle button/knob

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rodomotive, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Is there supposed to be a way to hold the throttle button/knob in position on a 32 Ford? I have all the linkage hooked up and the button/knob when pulled does increase the RPM but it does not stay in position too keep the RPM's up on cold starts, it just pulls itself back in. It seems to me Ford must have had a way to lock this into position. I figured turning the knob would do the trick but this doesn't do it, so what does?

2. BigMikeC

BigMikeC

I hold the accelerator at the RPM I want, then I pull it out till I can feel the cable pick up the accelerator linkage, and turn it one way, if it doesn't hold, I twist it the other way. It doesn't always hold due to wear, a little practice is needed. -Mike

3. What cable? My stock '32 Ford is all rods and bell cranks.

Charlie Stephens

4. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

The hand throttle rod is controlled by a ball spring pressure bushing bezel. The ball spring in the bezel applies resistance to the flat side of the throttle shaft and holds the throttle rod in the position desired until pressure is applied to return it to the run or rest position.