Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 ford sedan racecar tribute (rough) UPDATED!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dave50, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Dave50

Dave50

This is the original racecar Frank michaleson Raced and was removed from his back yard 3 months ago. Very rough but in a tribute to him and to show how they did it back in the day it will be brought back to a reconizable state but not restored. A big tree fell on on it and crushed the roof and rolll bars the new owner banged out the roof and is putting patches in. Thought you guys might like to see it it has chevy driveshafts for a rollcage. Sorry for crappy cell pics

The the new owner of the car was 13 and was driving home with his father and his father spotted the racecar and stopped and backed up and said to Pete look at that,Pete looked at the car and he said he remembers he was amazed his father said you can get out and go look at it but you need to come right home after.so Peter went looked at the car for about 20 min he then went home and asked his dad to take him to a race, he did and when they got back home Peter went to Franks house every day eventually Frank seen him there and told Peter everything about the car and took peter to the races every week.Peter came home and told his dad thats what he wanted to do when he got older. peter has said he wanted this car for years but seen it was gone but Frank brought the car to his camp to sit under a tree. Frank had a 4 door chevy hump back i believe it was called and took the back seat out and put his spares and tools in the back and took a bicycle pump in there too so if he needed a few ponds of air he would have it. I believe this was 1959-60. Peter built a car Before he wa 15 and had someone drive it for him. Peter went on to build MANY race cars over the years and won many races and championships. With 1 car he won over 100 races 328 in all he still has the car today and raced it last year. I will post more if i see a interest. Peter has a life long story to tell he was the guy who did it his way. Raced with less money than most beat and them alot and made money I should say a living for many years. He did live with his parents and he and his dad put a garge in the back yard in the 80`s but before that it was under a tarp and tree with a chainfall from 1960 til then. Until next time a little history about this sedan and its new owner The Travelin Man Peter Fiandaca #135

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  2. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Looks like theres a guy asleep on the job...

This looks like its gonna be fun! Is it gonna be a racer again?

3. Dave50

Dave50

Not raced it is going to be slapped together and #77 put on and welded to a trailer and shown. The guy is sleeping is riveting sides on it.... I dont think i would be doing what he is doing but its not my car.

4. Pretty cool story. Be nice to se it come together.

5. Dave50

Dave50

Thanks Chopped Idk if he will restore it thta nuch just enough to show it a bit I think he is going to just fix up the body a bit to bad he is laying sheetmetal to the side and riveting on there... quick and easy but the sides arent that bad. I`ll post more when i get the info.