Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 ford rad/shell location

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by budd, Aug 16, 2010.

1. budd

budd

so tomorrow i'm building some new lower rad mounting brackets for a 32, the ones that are on there now are not stock and not adjustable, there just pieces of square tubeing welded to the boxing plates, so i would like to know how far below the top of the frame rails my new mounts should sit, and i would think they had some rubber for the rad to sit on, my new mounts will be bolted on and slotted and placed low enough i can shim the rad up if i have to, it just would be nice to know how ford did it, thanks for any help.

2. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

They're right on the top of the crossmember, almost flush with the top of the rails. There's a thin piece of rubber that goes between the mount and the rad, about .125" thick or so. Mac's sells a kit for a few bucks that has the bolts, rubber, and springs.

3. budd

budd

i guess i left out the part about this car having a mustang II front cross member.

4. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

5. budd

budd

thanks, looks like there 1/2" below the top frame rail, mine are right now flush, and if i take into account the body mounts being squished a little, i think i'll place the new one one inch below the top and i can always shim it up some, thanks again.