Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 ford p-u rearaxle to back of cab "?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Swedester, Dec 30, 2006.

1. need to know how far back the rear axle sits from the back of the cab.
    I have nothing to compare or measure on,just a empty cab and some 2x4 tubing,I know the wheelbase is 106",but I can´t find a good drawing that gives the exact location of the body.
    a measure rear axle to door opening will be fine too.
    I´d really like to get started on the frame tomorrow.

/ Vince

2. go to wescott's and get the drawing of the `32 frame. it won't give you that dimension , but you should be able to figure it out. the holes for mounting the firewall is on the drawing , so measure from your body back

3. klazurfer

klazurfer

4. thanks,but I got that one hanging on my garage wall,and there are 3 holes that mounts the firewall according to my 3 different drawings,and I don´t have any ford firewall feet,and the firewall itself is a 32 dodge,so, if someone could tell me wich hole to measure from,and how far that particular hole is from the firewall,then I can figure it out.

5. klazurfer

klazurfer

The one that is marked as a square black ( Where the frame is 32" wide ) , is the hole that goes to the body ( firewall or not )
    Will come back in a minute with a pick .
    Klaz
    Here you go :

Attached Files:

6. on the top view drawing , on the right side frame rail the is an arrow pointing to a hole that's square and the dimensions is 32"...that is where the front of the cowl bolts to , a bolt goes through a tab on the inside of the cowl to this

the little holes before/after that hole with no dimensions are for the firewall feet

7. thanks guys,the mounting tabs on that pic,is missing on my cab,it was an ebay purcase,and anything that could be removed prior to selling,was.
    now everything falls into place,just been down in the garage and moved the rear axle forward some 3 inches,looks much better now,thank god I have my garage in the basement,but neighbours must think I´m crazy,lights go on and off all night,it´s 3.40 in the morning here,hahahaha,crazy swedes,I know,I know....