Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 ford grille. Henry or aftermarket?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by borderboy1971, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Can anyone determine for me if this is an original insert or aftermarket? If you need better specific pictures, let me know. I'd appreciate the help. Thankyou.

Attached Files:

2. redo32

redo32

I was going to say, if it fits an original shell it is original, because most of the repo's don't fit. Looking at the pictures the back of the bars have surface rust. As far as I know most of the repo inserts were stainless and thus wouldn't rust.

3. alchemy

alchemy

We need nice close pics from the front where the stainless rolls over the steel backing. And from the back where the bars go into the rim.

That being said, there were quite a few different variations of the the grille made in 32. And actually there were some repros made in the 70's that could now be confused for old originals.

4. A Boner

A Boner

Can’t you have it carbon dated?

dudley32, lothiandon1940, X38 and 2 others like this.

5. Hard to see very well but let's try these.

Attached Files:

6. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Looks original to me.That is the version that the stainless pops off or snaps on.

7. clem

clem

Looks like my originals.
    I haven’t studied the reproduction ones, but I can’t imagine that they would be that detailed.

8. Make your pictures full size instead of the click-on thumbnails. 20200330_152858.jpg 4022201-fcf3885780a48cc24341930bb220deb9.jpg

9. Alchemy has it right. I know of at least 3 versions of the 1932 Ford grill. If you have the grill that has the stainless strip installed over the steel rim, it is original.

10. Awesome, thankyou all! I really do appreciate all the expertise here. The grille belonged to a really good friend that got it in the 70/80s at a flea market with the original shell for $10. A local guys kid damaged his fathers 32 5w grille shell hitting a tree in the 80's and bought the shell and insert then and repaired the deuce. Long story short about 15 years ago, I did some trading with a different owner and got it in part of the trade. Super glad to hear it is original. Thanks again.

Sorry Lothiandon, I don't know how to post my pictures full size. Not sure if it makes a difference that I'm doing it on my phone? I grew up in the beginning of the computer age, but I'm computer illiterate.

11. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

That looks to me like the version that has the stainless as the main surround, not the snap on trim. Nonetheless, I would say it is original.

12. DOCTOR SATAN

DOCTOR SATAN
    from okc

Cool information......