Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 Ford glass window channels in or out?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Dan, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Hot Rod Dan

Hot Rod Dan
    from Texas

Basic question - do the metal channels at the bottom of the window glass install with the smooth side toward the interior or outside of the car?

I'm working on a 32 Ford sedan that I bought as a disassembled shell so I didn't see it with the windows installed. I did get all the glass and had new glass cut and channels installed same position front to rear as original.

Getting ready to install new glass and not sure which way they go? I searched but didn't find clear enough pictures.

I'm thinking the horizontal lips of the long key hole openings in the bottom of the steel channel face outward (smooth side toward interior).

2. This should help,this is the passenger side of my Tudor.

I figure the old "a picture is worth a thousand words" was the best reply! :D HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  3. Hot Rod Dan

Hot Rod Dan
    from Texas

That's what I thought, but I didn't know for sure. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  4. Hot Rod Dan

Hot Rod Dan
    from Texas

When I bench tested the regulator to the metal channel, it worked either way. So the picture really helps.

5. marfen

marfen
    from sask