Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 ford frame setup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by b.r., Sep 27, 2007.

1. b.r.

b.r.

i built a big frame table today out of a junk forklift mast.
    im wanting to set up the american stamping rails i bought.
    there seams to be 3 different planes down the sides of the rails.
    one where the rear crossmember is , one where the contour on the side is, and one at the front axle.
    also ive printed out a frame diagram from wescotts i believe.
    and with the body mount holes in the right place the front and rear of the frame are about an inch wider than they should be.
    i figured i would make up some spreader bars for the front and rear even if they are just something temporary.
    and then what use a sqare off the table for the center of the frame

front crossmember will be model a
    rear crossmember is one i had bent out of 3/16" flat accross
    and i had some 1/8" c-channel bent up to build the x-member
    ive been getting a lot of info on things from the techarchives that is sort of getting me ahead of myself and boggling my mind.
    thanks for any help.

B.R.

2. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

sounds to me like they are a little twisted..i think thats what you mean by three different planes. the side of the rails should be vertical where the front and rear crossmembers attach, where the reveal is, is a little harder to judge ,but on my original rails, the bottom seems to be out a little farther than the top. Hope this helps. maybe try rephrasing your question, i read it again and its hard to Know what you mean.

3. b.r.

b.r.

youre on the money. except mine would lean out at the top in the middle
    thank you for the info.

4. Rusty

Rusty

IN your jig it would be good to have some extra braces down the sides to keep it sqaure. like this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Unless the spreader bars are original 32 Ford ones ... they will be too narrow ... every aftermarket spreader bar I ever saw was ...

I suggest buying a set of 32 original chassis Ford blueprints ( 30" X 41" in size ) and setting the frame rails up using the blueprint specs.

[​IMG]

eBay has them ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1932...153307600QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220153307600

And ... NO ... ... the auction is not mine nor do I know the seller ... :) but he is from the south ...

6. rustybucket

rustybucket

Those same plans are available from American Stamping for less. You have to call to order them.

Chris

7. b.r.

b.r.

awesome, so you are keeping the front center and rear at 90 degrees off the table? i can make up a similar setup on top of my table. as soon as i learn to downsize my photo files ill post some pics.
    thanks for the info the tech support on here is great.