Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 ford body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by the hacker87, Apr 4, 2013.

1. the hacker87

the hacker87

Hi guys I am going to build a 32 ford roadster body.I have 2 resonably good cars to take flat patterns and templates from but I would really like either line drawing or blueprints for a roadster body so I can get a rough wire form for the openings and profiles. I have a friend who can full scale plot to help me out. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks guys

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

2. I'll second that. I'm embarking on a very serious project along the same lines.

I was also wondering if there were any "real" 32 owners in the Pittsburgh regional area that might allow me to carefully measure the body on their cars.

3. Interesting,,I'll be watching. HRP

4. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Good luck and please make sure you post pics. There was a young fellow on here that was also making his 32 from scratch. Can't find the thread but he was posting progress pics. Maybe someone can help find that thread.......

5. F&J

F&J

That was Pat Pryor. In his thread, I think there was some link to getting/buying blueprints. It might have been from Don...but I don't recall his hamb name. DeucedaddyDon? or something like that.

6. hasty

hasty

F&J is correct, Duce Daddy Don sells some drawings, a very detailed rear quarter and a chassis drawing. The two drawings (prints) came to $92.75 in 2010 when I bought them.
    The prints were just about reasonable quality, came promptly and were well protected, but still rather expensive for what they are.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/member.php?u=55156

If you find a more complete set I would be very interested.

7. Problem for me is Pat's drawings and the others posted differ a LOT.

And, the ones with all the "station" dimensions are too small (file) to zoom in for my old-assed eyes to read...