Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 ford axle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirt car, Oct 7, 2021.

1. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

Has anyone used a Carillo or Natl. Parts Depo dropped axle ??

2. alchemy

alchemy

Never heard of them. Could you get a Ford axle instead?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Never heard of them.If there new made make sure its a forging.Lots of cheap cast axles out there,and you dont want one.

4. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

Carrillo looks well made Natl. Parts Depo not sure & only show 2.25 wishbone bosses, & while I agree real Ford is the preferred way to go, both priced near half the going rate of the real deal both claim to be forged.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  5. rusty valley

rusty valley

Why you need a 32? Model A axles dropped by a pro work just fine, same with 33-34. Most people would not know the difference

6. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

Did Ford make a heavy model 'A" axle ?

7. rusty valley

rusty valley

No, but how many people can tell the difference?

8. alchemy

alchemy

The axle on the Carrillo site looks just like the axles that SoCal and Roadster Supply sell. Probably the same manufacturer.

irishsteve and X38 like this.
  9. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

I did note the wishbone boss outward appearance differs slightly from the Ford units not sure on others mentioned. I do have an original 32 with a sight bend to the rear on the right side, good boss bores thought I would save for another project.

10. "Differs slightly" that has to be the biggest understatement I have ever seen posted anywhere.

11. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Regarding Model A axles, what about the AA truck? Was it different from the regular axle?

12. Yes, except some early AA had the car axles.

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Most of what Carillo Customs shows does look like So-Cal pieces and one even shows a So-Cal package.

Looking at their 47 inch axle and my 47 inch So-Cal axle I don't see a lot of difference. 47 inch axle.jpg

[​IMG]

14. adam401

adam401

Fwiw Ansen axles charges 250 bucks to drop your axle and perform some minor repair. Last time I was on Okie Joes sight it was the same I think. Cores were 50 bucks for model A, 100 for 33-36 and depended on what he paid for the 32s. If you just buy a core you dont have to pay to ship your axle there.
    Im making no claim either way regarding the quality of aftermarket axles. My point is an original Ford axle dropped is pretty easy to put your hands on and not crazy expensive.

RICH B and rusty valley like this.
  15. clem

clem

true, model a would be fine except they look different and most hot rodders would know the difference………and like most things, if that is what he wants, why try and talk him out of it……
    Bit like saying that a ‘32 coupe looks the same as a model A , and how many people can tell the difference :eek:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  16. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

Oh yeah Rich B, those advertised (Carrillo) I'm talking about, were dropped so in that regard differ greatly from a true Ford unit hoping that gets me a passing grade. Have not researched the un-dropped units as of yet.

17. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

I was specifically wondering if the AA truck had a heavy axle that might be an option.
    Just curious.

I'm always amazed that you can buy a dropped original axle for quite a reasonable price, it's great that cores are still out there and not long since melted down.

18. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

I might mention I do have model A, 34, 39, & a 60 h.p axle's trying to build the chassis as it was back in the day.

19. rusty valley

rusty valley

back in the day it wasnt any easier to find a 32 axle. probably easier now with the interweb, just costs more.