Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 32 ford 5 window find Whats it worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigbangtheory, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

Hi everyone. I usually don't post, just read alot and I value alot of your opinions. I have known about this car for 12 years or so and have been trying to buy it about every year since I found it but to no avail. I recieved a call a couple days ago from the owner and he said he was ready to sell. It is a really solid original 5 window on a Barry Lobeck built chassis done about 10 or 12 years ago. It has a new ZZ4 crate motor and I think its a T-10 4 speed. The floors have been replaced with new metal, there are patch panels on the bottom rear quarters that were done awhile ago and they look great. Some small dents here and there, he has all the pieces, handles door and window moldings, the wood inside is excellant, windows, everything. What do you guys think its worth? 25k to 30k? To high or to low? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. New bodies are 20-25k alone. If you get it for 25/30 I think you have done ok if that is what you want to build. Frame /motor etc. Are the fenders steel? Does he have original fire wall? It all adds up.

3. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

Fenders are all steel and nice, the firewall isn't original I don't think by looking at the first pic.

4. Personally I would not pay much over 20k for it but that's just my opinion.
    Lots of work to do there.
    If you have to go to 25k its still a pretty good deal from looking at the pics.
    Good luck with you purchase and keep us posted..

5. I know, that is a Bitchin firewall I think. I was wondering if he still had the original. That is another easy $500. My point!

6. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

aahhhhh, I get it now. Don't know if he has it.

7. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Anything under 30K would be a steal.

8. sled

sled

personally i dont like the idea that does NOT have the original chassis..a big minus to me
    numbers are stamped in the chassis,so what paperrwork does it have with original 32 numbers or not??i think this is crucial to start with...body looks in great conds,needs replacing firewall..
    depends what type of style do you want to go also,this will determine costs one way or another..its already more steet rodded than hot rodded ,are you willing to go this way?

9. metalman

metalman

I would say 20K would be fair but I'd say it's going to take closer to 30K. Of course I'm looking at it thinking what would I pay for the body minus the proceeds of selling the chassis and drivetrain. Reason is if and when I can ever afford a real 32 I want a whole 32 for the type of money I'd be spending. Personally I'd pay more for the car if it had the original frame and axles under it, same goes for the firewall.

10. sled

sled

Thats my thinkin also..i will never pay such money and not having an original 32 chassis under it..plus the 32 numbers and correct paperwork with it

11. 25 to 30 would be a steal,it looks like a great HENRY body,steel fenders,a new walker radiator,a zz4 and rolling frame..if you can get it for that.

What about the hood and radiator shell? HRP

12. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

What suspension does it have? Looks like drop tube on the front. Is it ladder bars in the back?

As asked what paperwork?

Singlefingerspeedshop.com. Detroit

13. Squablow

Squablow

$25K plus or minus depending on details. To the right guy, the crate motor and suspension stuff like that would make it worth more, but not to me, although they certainly wouldn't scare me away, either.

14. Great find, still can't understand why people change the original firewall.
    Hope you can buy it for the right price.

Hennie

15. redo32

redo32

Looks like it needs to be wired, throw some glass in it and a decent set of wheels & tires and you've got a $40,000 Street Rod. Let the traditionalist bitch about the firewall...........You'll be cruizin

16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Tough crowd here. I'd love it myself. If you bought it and parted it out you could get $20,000 easily for the body by itself.

Add the $ you could get for the rest of the components and you would make a tidy profit after paying $20,000 for the whole thing.

I'd scoop it if I were you and it goes for the $20,000 price range.

17. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

Sorry had to go away for a while. HRP... It has the hood, side panels with louvers, and a really nice radiator shell. All the fins in the shell are nice and straight. By the way, I really like your 5 window and the truck you have.

18. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

It has an all chrome or stainless front end, drop tube and ladder bars in the rear.

19. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Not to hone in on your quest, but ya'll got me wondering what mine is worth now......it's already driving......

Attached Files:

20. Thats a great lookin ride Tannergang but as far as what yours or Bigbangtheory's is worth, IMHO, it's all in what someone is willing to give you for it. Bottom line...

21. Just to give you some idea I paid 27K for this 32 5 window back in 2008 completely original with running 4 banger original paint and mohair interior

Attached Files:

22. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bigbangtheory: Just from the basic view of it, I would think that's a 25k car. I think its a plus having a Lobeck drivetrain. He built quality stuff,could it have been the original frame? A closer look would tell more. It sure looks to be a nice body.

23. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The sharp corner profiles of the rear frame horns say to me it's a repop frame (or at least that part of it is).

Looks good though if you like the direction it's headed (which is looking fine to me).

Chris

24. trammel

trammel

You are luckey to have a chance of buying a real steer car. Good luck

25. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Hope you get it. PLease don't chop it. Way to many nice cars have been cut!
    Jay

26. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

25K would be a value based on your description. As others have said a '32 title would be a big bonus as well. If you make a deal keep asking for parts as there may be more stashed outa sight. Good luck!

27. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Sounds like the same set up I have. I got a severely butchered frame with mine and sold it in favor if a Lobeck's frame, mainly due running a bigger engineer than a flat head and having to box and replace everything on the original. Been really happy with the quality frame.

If you are running full hood and fenders it is very difficult to see what the frame is.

Singlefingerspeedshop.com. Detroit

28. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

Hi everyone, thanks for all the replies and advice. I don't think the frame rails are the original but that is fine with me. If I get the car I will probably run the motor that is in it or something similar. I think the guy told me at one time he paid Lobeck around 20k for the chasis. Not sure if that is correct or not but that is what he told me. I am going to try to purchase the car in the next couple days. I will keep you posted. Thanks again.

29. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

This will be interesting after the discussion here. If you get it there is NO reason for you to share the final $$$$'s with us. We are basically a bunch of nosy old farts that like to know everyone's business. If you decide to keep it to yourself a hint might be helpful for those that have a similar opportunity present itself in the near future.
    The resale market has been changing almost from the time they rolled off the assembly line and they have never gotten cheaper. The old '32 benchmark is true. You never pay too much for a '32 but you can buy it too soon.
    When in doubt about anything '32 check with 3W Larry here on the HAMB, our resident '32 Guru and the president of the Deuce Club:eek::D I'm surprised he hasn't posted on this thread.

Frank