Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 driveshaft question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 80vette, Sep 3, 2009.

1. 80vette

80vette

I have a 9" Ford rear end and T5. The driveshaft I have matches up to the 9" Ford, has to be shortened and I have the Yoke to fit the T5. What do I need to match the front end to the T5 Yoke after I shorten the shaft? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :(

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The yoke that matches the T5 yoke. Is this a yoke?

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

When you have the driveshaft shortened ... have the driveshaft place install the T5 yoke.
    They have access to special " mechanics U joints " ... which can have different sizes on the ends ... Or have them weld on the correct driveshaft end to fit the T5 yoke.

You might check out a late 80's aluminum Corvette driveshaft. They are the correct size for my 32 roadster. No cutting of any modication needed. Fit PERFECT. It slipped right in the 9 inch Ford rear end yoke. Of course ... the placement of your engine and the type transmission used will affect the lenght needed for your 32 ;) :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

4. you will find u-joints know no brands. they make damm near any application i have ever needed the past 30 years. like duece roadster stated and i have known to be true hit the wrecking yard because their is probably one that will fit without cutting.

5. 80vette

80vette

Thnx to all......Some day I'll be smart enough to donate some good info to this forum instead of asking questions all the time. You guys are great and I appreciate the info.