Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical '32 driveshaft PHOTO

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by terry k, Jan 3, 2018.

1. terry k

terry k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from toledo oh

Could someone show me some photos of a '32 driveshaft? I need to see what I need to do to adapt to my QC rear. Never seen one, but have one coming in a few weeks. Just want to be ready. Thanks Guys.

2. terry k

terry k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from toledo oh

3. Andy

Andy

The front is like a 33-48 driveshaft. The back has the taper with a key way like a Model A.
    It goes thru the pinion and a nut holds it together. There is plenty of length to put a splined in on it. I am sick an don't need to get cold. I have a driveshaft and could take you a picture.
    If you have a late shaft coming, it looks exactly like a 33-34 shaft. I don't have one of those.

LOU WELLS likes this.
  4. Andy

Andy

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. 42merc

42merc

The photos show an early '32 shaft, a style carried over from the Model A.
    I think Terry is looking for pics of the late tubular style shaft for his quick change conversion.

6. terry k

terry k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from toledo oh

Yes I am, but thanks for these photos. Didn't know the early ones look like that. I am guessing if the TT is the scalloped style it is a good chance the drive shaft will also be the later style.

7. 42merc

42merc

Looking closer it looks like the early shaft is a tube with welded ends.
    If the tube is long enough, it could be cut at the rear weld, and the proper adaper welded in that would accept a six spline pinion.

8. Andy

Andy

Either style will probably need to be modified to use a later coupling. The late 32 will have a female 10 spline coupling. I shortened my 34 shaft by welding in a 6 spline coupling.