Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 Dash into 29 coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OzyRodder, Mar 22, 2013.

1. OzyRodder

OzyRodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What is the difference between the 32 dashes into a 29 model A made for a roadster and those made for a closed car.

Will a roadster one go into a coupe?

2. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I think the roadster one is wider but hey, you're a hot rodder.. make it fit...

3. OzyRodder

OzyRodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I understand the possible width issues but was more interested about the attachment at the dash rail. Is this different due to the closed cars windshield?

4. Mo rust

Mo rust

I just measured some dashes and heres what I found:

A 32 sedan/5 window dash is 40 5/8 inches wide and is square at the ends. A 32 roadster dash measures 41 1/4 wide at the bottom but is rounded off on the top. I think your best option in a 29 closed car would either be to use a 32 closed car dash and add a little metal on the ends or to use a 32 pickup dash which is about 3/4 inch wider. I've used pickup dashes in 30/31 closed cars before but never tried it on a 29. I held a 32 sedan dash up to a 29 roadster that I am building and it looks to be a little short just like it is in a 30/31 closed cars so I assume a 29 closed cowl must be about the same width as the 30/31 closed car cowl.

5. OzyRodder

OzyRodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The reason I ask is I found a steel 32 style auburn style dash made for 29 roadsters but want to put it in my coupe. Those measurements are really helpful - appreciate your effort. I will obviously modify if needed but before I drop big dollars on this dash want to see if it is in the ballpark.

Thanks