Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 COE project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 52stude43, Mar 13, 2013.

1. 52stude43

52stude43

board today so I did a little cut and paste with knife and tape , I am not a photoshopper but here goes, was wondering about putting together a 32-34 ford COE , here goes good or bad , I have thick skin , let me have it:D

Attached Files:

2. ken1939

ken1939

I like people that think once and awhile. You may be on to a neat build and or idea. I think you may have to proportion up a little. Make the cab and front a tad larger. I think of a 38/39 with the big oval grille. I mean since we are fabricating here, I would probably make a larger deuce grille for it. Mabey even borrow the passenger roof line instead of the visor.

I would do a mock up with a few model cars, to bad they do not make a COE as big as the roadster kit they make, you could really do some minifab to get the feel.

I think for a knife and tape you have a good start!

3. kscarguy

kscarguy

Widen the cab, maybe longer too. FYI - that tall 32 COE grill is going to be a bear to find...HA!

4. Gonna take deep pockets to build that one,,it's gonna take at least 2 grill shells.:D HRP

5. 52stude43

52stude43

I stretched the grille a little , I think It should go up a little bit more ?? I have a 33 truck coming in that need some work , so you know how that goes when you stare at it awhile , you get bad ideas:D

6. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Very Cool I thought about this as well and It can be done. A friend of mine did one out of a model kit and it looked great.

7. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

You need to move the cab forward a little more thoughand up on the fenders.

8. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

There is a book "Ford Trucks Since 1905" by James K Wagner.
    In it are some really cool '35 & '36 COE's. It's worth a look !

9. slammed

slammed

The nose looks like it was punched by a heavy weight prize fighter. Try bringing it forward a bit.

10. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Wish I had pictures of it , or the concept drawing....

When I worked with Zipper he had a cabover crewcab he was building based off from a 32. It looked pretty cool, was going to have fuel tanks integrated into the running boards. No idea what happened with it when he moved

11. This one?

Attached Files:

12. 52stude43

52stude43

here is an updated pic with the taller grille , looks much better , could maybe stand to come out a bit on top , need a photoshopper to mess with it a bit:D

Attached Files:

13. ken1939

ken1939

Yes better. Remember, think exaggerated. Thats the way most of them look anyway. Well the shell would be the easy part. You can make a stock one larger, heck there was even a thread here once about a guy who made his own 32 shell and it was pretty nice for hand tools.

The grille may be the tricky part, but there are places you can get teeth and well, nothing a tig welder could not do!

14. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Yup, thats the one!

15. kscarguy

kscarguy

Try shifting the cab forward and higher. Right now it is not really a COE. The cab is too far back. I did a quick "paint" modification with these changes and scaled the cab size 10 pecent and it looks better. My drawing is too crude to post.

16. metalman

metalman

When I saw the op's original concept pic I thought of this book as well. I was thinking it was a 34 they had pictured, a custom built COE but maybe it was a 35. Kinda funky but kinda cool at the same time. The book is sitting on my desk at work, I'll have to look tommorow. I'll scan and post the pic if I get a chance.