Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '32 Chevy followed me home

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Indianrider, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Indianrider

Indianrider

I found this 'ol girl up in BC Canada last week. I've always wanted a 31-34 Chevy 5 window coupe and this time. I had a bad case of "Butt-magnet" because it trailed me all the way back home. She was built in Ontario Canada with dual side mounts and rumble seat, I'd rather have a trunk model but I'm not complaining too much.

Between the past 2 owners it has sat 40 years indoors and parts where collected, a few pieces of wood where painted and fixed. A new radiator and a 1935 six banger all rebuilt in front of the original trans. Plans ? Run a six and stick, gotta keep the toe starter. I might loose the fenders if the law allows it. It will be ALL CHEVY No furd parts allowed...nope never ever! IMG_0342.JPG IMG_0340.JPG IMG_1981.JPG 00N0N_dwdnidK62Rx_600x450.jpg

BradinNC, TFoch, M1Lover and 10 others like this.
  2. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Going fenderless is kind of a Ford thing, isn't it?

BradinNC, kiwijeff and tb33anda3rd like this.
  3. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Nice car by the way.

4. Damn that is clean, great score.

volvobrynk likes this.

5. nice car, looking forward to the build thread.

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. Great car...Bring back memories of when I built mine. I'm looking forward to seeing it come together.

7. Squablow

Squablow

Great looking hood on these. And the headlight bar is beautiful, I'd keep the fenders if only to be able to run that bar.

BradinNC, kiwijeff and tb33anda3rd like this.
  8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Congrats - like the weight reduction / wind resistance holes in deck lid

9. Nice looking Chevy and good plan.

10. Flatblack 31

Flatblack 31

I'd rather walk and carry Ford hubcaps than drive a Chevrolet, but I sure dig that headlight bar and the front fender detail! Congratulations very nice find! I'm following along.

11. Love the car, I vote fenderless!!

12. moefuzz

moefuzz

There was a very nice 32 up here a few years that went for $8500.
    They had started with a nice original and proceded to do a decent restore job.
    I thought the price was reasonable but passed on it and bought a nice Model A instead.
    The fella had the car on the market for a couple of month's probably due to the fact that it wasn't a hotrod and it was really to nice to destroy as well as it was during the '09 economy downturn.
    ..You certainly don't see too many 32 chevs around irregardless of them outselling Ford by about 2 to one.

volvobrynk likes this.
  13. Fedman

Fedman

Great Score!
    Regardless of your plans, you have a great start to a really cool Hot Rod. :)
    Oh... and please stop coming up here to my neck of the Woods and buying all the Good ones! :D

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Great find! Those fenders are too cool to leave off and I usually hate fenders, but to each his own.

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Fenders! Cool car, I'm a Chevy (GM) guy and I'm not biased :D

16. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

I WOULD GIVE IT GARAGE SPACE IN A MINUTE.

17. If you drive a Ford you most often have to walk;)

18. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

Great find and great plan.

19. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20. gotta love a 32 chevy. if ya kick the fenders off, i might be interesetred in the running boards

21. Nice score, congrats! Looking forward to the build. I like these coupes with fenders on them and that headlight bar but it's your ride.

22. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

That's a nice Chevy right there!

I would run that thing with a pair of 1949-55 Chevy truck axles.
    Down to a Torque tube rear, dropped front axle, SM420 and straight six.

Drive it on wires till you find some artillery wheels.
    Twin carb manifold, fentons and glass packs.

When that pup gets some paint and tug the tires, there will be a full circle of people around it at any show! And not a dry pair of panties in the whole neighborhood!
    According to a thread one here about best comments at a show, I HAMB talk to a old lady, and after she had asked some good intelligent questions she finally asked: does it have a rumble seat?
    Owner said no, and she told him; you should put one in, "cause there ain't much a girl won't do in a rumble seat".

And if you need some info on how an era perfect, well build bowtie rod looks, check out @tb33anda3rd build thread on his '34 Eagle coupe.
    It's called; time for cool change!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  23. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

More inspiration
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1461526170.769513.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1461526251.756641.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1461526303.319942.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1461526332.498388.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1461526546.471978.jpg

kidcampbell71 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  24. Note to self, call Canada Customs, to keep Indianrider from BC. Seriously, congrats on the great find, that's a very nice start. Leave the fenders on though, it helps keep it from looking like a Ford hot rod.

25. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

Great find! I'm also the proud caretaker of a '32 Chevy 5wdw. I'm keeping the fenders and the hood sides because that's what makes it so different from the other '32s. Have fun with the car - that's the main thing. Subscribed.
    pics 008.jpg cpe101a.jpg

wicarnut, mgtstumpy and volvobrynk like this.
  26. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I agree about the hood, and I like the interior of your 32 :wink:

27. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Nice car, I also think that you should keep the fenders......................... but it is your car

28. Carol turley

Carol turley

I have a 1935 Chevy garage kept for years. I don't know how to list it here. But I'm trying.

29. list for sale or just show it off?