Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 5W/roadster deck lid

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GaryN, Mar 28, 2013.

1. GaryN

GaryN

Just wondering if anyone has used the 5W deck lid offered by Howell Sheet Metal? I've been waiting for one from UPI but it's still not available. Someone mentioned on here that they thought the UPI deck lid had a nicer crown to it then the one from Brookville. I'm thinking the one from Howell's might be the same as the one from Brookville. They are all the same price including UPI. I've already used the UPI rear 1/4s and roof to trunk opening filler piece so thought it would be smart to use their deck lid too.

2. Do a search here on the problems with Howells. I've bought from them at the Pâté swap meet never ordered anything. Jus sayn.

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Often there is actually only one maker of any given part who supplies all the retailers and wholesalers with that part. This is successful as long as the prime source is competant and keeps the stuff in stock. When you can't get something for months there is always someone ready to step in and become your competeitive nightmare.