Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 5 window 'glass kit bodies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by drflex, Mar 9, 2008.

1. drflex

drflex

Not trying to start a debate over glass vs.steel. But I've been looking for a coupe body for awhile and was wondering if someone knew the source of these unassembled yellow or black gel-coat fiberglass 32 5-windows you see on ebay and around the net. seems theres about 3 or 4 venders selling the same bodies for around 3k.

2. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

One of the guys is HotRodGlass, think he's a member on here.

3. A Boner

A Boner

IF I had more spare time I would buy one of those shells, one with the floor already glassed in.... use some dzus fasteners to hold down the trunk lid....rivet some plexi-glass in for the side and back windows....with little sliding vents or some holes on the side windows like on a Lemans type sports car...for ventilation. I would put in a roll cage and weld some some brackets off of it to reinforce the body....and I would build myself a Bonneville style HOT ROD!

The only thing I haven't figured out is how to deal with the doors and how to mount them.

Maybe I would glass one door shut, and just hinge one door......it's fun to do one of something, but not as much fun to do the second one!.............

Maybe in another lifetime.