Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 5 Window Garage Find .... 80's retro, Never finished, Need a Plan ...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FalconMan, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Going 70s? Centerlines, and raised white letters.
    And a "Street Is Neat" license topper.

2. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Titus, are you sure ??? Oh well... It's quite the rear end.... speechless I was when I first saw it :)

The better shot is the underside... you can see a bit of it here in the photo.... too clean for a guy who never washes his cars and lives on a dirt road ......

[​IMG]

3. 45_70Sharps

45_70Sharps

I can see that I'm in the minority here. I'm with the guys that would leave it as is.
    This is what they looked like when I was a youngster. If it were a true 80's build instead of 70's style, it would have enough billet to make you puke.

Wheels are about all I wouldn't want to keep.

4. I dig the interior design.Different.Tiki look

5. jfrolka

jfrolka

thats a fancy rearend.... nice house!!!

6. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Thanks for saving it from it's hellish fate! That interior is nasty!

7. just do it any way you can it will be fine heck its a deuce .. all is subject to change

8. Bull

Bull

Full fendered. Full hood. Trust me. ;)

9. Bull

Bull

By the way, don't change a thing until I get to see it tomorrow night!

10. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

Leave it, drive it, enjoy it

11. alchemy

alchemy

Who striped your rearend? Is that Bell's work?

12. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Thanks for all of the responses regarding my new Deuce. The excitement of the car is still having me bounce off the garage walls. It's like I am still dreaming I actually bought the car :)

Unfortunately I won't be able to start working on it until later this summer. I need to get my roadster back on the road after being tore apart in my shop for the last 2 years. I will be hitting the swap meets hard this summer trying to gather the right parts.

I do take most of the comments seriously. The plans are....

- Don't touch the body. The paint has really grown on me. Never would I have painted a car like this, but it's not a belly button car .....

- SBC / turbo 350 with vintage parts. Not what I dreamed of in a hot rod. I always wanted a nailhead or Olds Rocket, or Y-block with a T5.... But tearing the body off to redo the fabulous work that has been done is taking a big step backwards. Perhaps I'll change it later.

- Three Deuces.

- No hood, or perhaps just the top.

- Leave the interior until I wear it out, replacing several years from now with weathered black leather.

- Change the wheels to steel, with big / little bias plies. Black or white walls is the question? Perhaps keep the wires to change it up once in a while.

- Sell the glass fenders and get gennie steel ones that are nice or repairable. Having glass fenders would just bug the crap out of me.... that's just me.... but I have glass rear fenders on my 36 3W and I never have gotten over that. Paint the fenders black.

- Drive the piss out of the car

13. Elrod

Elrod

Yeah. When I opened this thread I was expecting some pink with lazer stripes down the side. That green paint is RAD!

(But I would burn the interior) haha. Green and White vinyl tuck and roll, or black diamond vinyl.

You got a cool car there. Enjoy it!

14. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Unfortunately, I really don't have a lot of info on the car. Just like my other cars, it would be nice to know what had transpired over the years.

15. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Man that is cool! Im loving that green!!!

16. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Good plan Doug, my vote is Black or dark green 16" steel wheels with black walls and mercury caps/ rings, I would run a hood top or a full hood unless the SBC you choose is dressed all in period goodies ( generator, front oil fill tube etc)

I like the steel fender idea, no need for plastic around here.The green paint is beautiful and to redo a paint job these days is too damn expensive .

17. That looks like warren minick striping on the rear ?

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  18. Any updates on this?

19. brady1929

brady1929

Chop it chop it chop it

20. Jason455

Jason455

Tint the windows assemble it and drive it. I could not ditch a new interior no matter what the style is.

21. Very unique car as is IMHO, and I like your plan for it.

22. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Not really ....

Been buying stuff so I can start on it this fall. Picked up a set of gennie fenders, dropped headlight bar, and headlights. I also bought a 3 deuce set up for a sbc... now I am looking for a S10 T5 tranny.

23. The wheels are not Tru-spokes or Daytons. They are Zenith wires.

24. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Old thread I know but I'm with Goatdave...I like the color. I think it would be easy to work with the existing paint and still make it traditional with the right interior change and wheel combo.

25. titus

titus

i know Doug is working on the car, updates Doug!

Guffey, i think it might be a Keith Nybo interior.

26. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

27. indyjps

indyjps

Assemble and drive, velour interior and all. All the other 70's builds like this got Boyd'd out in the 80's. I really like the car even the wheels, perfect period correct, just a different timeframe. Tint the windows green, run a small block with moroso valve covers cleared with green tint to mimic the red/gold anodized versions of the era. Gotta have big yellow Accel plug wires and the giant yellow coil, Have some fun with the 70's style.