Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 4dr. to 5 window conversation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hammeredabone, Jun 21, 2006.

1. hammeredabone

hammeredabone

Anybody have the phone number for the metal guy in minn. or Mi. who is building 5 window coupes out of 4 doors? TIA

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'd like to know who that is too! I need a set of drip rails, and the over the door sheetmetal.:D

3. There was a post last year about this,,,,,what I was able to find out was the guys name is Mike,,,,,I think he is in Michigan,,,,,,758-3370,,,

At that time the parts for the conversion were $4,100.

Hope that helps,,,HRP

4. ...........but why would you?

;)

JH

Attached Files:

5. Jim,,,there is no accountin' for good taste:rolleyes:,,the photo makes me wanna jerk the fenders off of my moor-door.:D HRP

6. Yeah, some folks just don't get it. ;) :p ;)

JH

Attached Files:

7. hammeredabone

hammeredabone

You wouldn't by chance have the area code?

8. hammeredabone

hammeredabone

I am converting what is left of a 2 door, I may have some pieces left over that will help with your build. I also have a 2door passenger door.
    I don't think Mike makes the drip rails, I believe they are used off the 4 door.

9. x77matt

x77matt
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My 5 window used to be a 4dr too. I used the doors, cowl, header, most of the rear quarter window and roof corners and combined it with a part of a 5W tail section. THe tail section I bought fastened on at the door post, and had the lower half of the quarter windows, most of the rear quarters and nothing else. Good luck!

10. hammeredabone

hammeredabone

x77matt, How much did you lower the door window frame in the rear of door to make it the same as a 5 window?

11. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I agree with ya. This one looks like it is going to be real kool. I wish it was mine.:cool:

12. I agree as well.......

CBB

Attached Files:

13. I know it is not a '32 but I think it looks great as a 4 dr.

CBB

14. HAB,

Sorry to be messing with your post. Just couldn't resist though.

If you end up with any left over 4dr parts I might be interestred.

Keep us posted.

Thanks, JH

15. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Show me someone who is building '32 Fivers out of '93 Taurus four-doors and then I'll be impressed. If I had a '32 Fordor, I don't think I'd mess with it.

-Dave

16. hammeredabone

hammeredabone

Who said anything about cutting up a perfectly good 4door? I have pieces of a tudor that was shipped to me in boxes. The header from it is on Bass's coupe.

17. hammeredabone

hammeredabone

I have tried every area code in Michigan one busy signal. The rest showed up as not being legit numbers for Mike.
    Maybe the Deuce police have him! On to plan "B"

18. TimW

TimW
    from Kentucky

19. x77matt

x77matt
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good question!! The answer is that I have no idea! The 4 door I bought was a basketcase that had been chopped and stickwelded back together by what looked to be a blind person. I had to cut out the bad chop and piece everything back together by eye... When the dust settled I figured its about a 5" chop, but I don't know how much I ended up trimming the door top down. In my avatar, you will notice that the door top is not back on yet. When I got the roof corners pieced back together, the roof opening was not lined up because the 4 door body is wider in the rear, so I still have to trim out a clean opening in the top and fill it.

I know how you critics feel though, cause after seeing some neat traditional 4 doors lately, it would have made a really cool rod, but I got a smokin deal on a 5W back half so I couldn't pass it up.

Matt