Register now to get rid of these ads!

32-34 Ford Truck Frame the Same?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by reichart90, Nov 11, 2007.

1. reichart90

reichart90

alright im building a 34 ford pickup 1/2 ton truck. I have a 32 ford (car - which i think is the same) frame. This is all fine and dandy however....

here in PA - it COULD be a problem. A friend of mine had a model A on duece rails and when he sent pictures to Harrisburg for his street rod title they said "you gave us all of your information including its titles as a 1930 model A, but that is a 32 frame... wheres the title for that?"
    so, long story short, he sold the car to someone in another state.

how is the 32 and 34 ford truck frames different anyone know?. i have a 34 ford pickup title... thats where the problem is.
    let me know if anyone knows

thanks
    tim

2. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

the 34 has a longer wheel base.

3. fleetside66

fleetside66

I find it hard to believe that the bean counters here in PA are aware of the nuances in antique truck frames. I'd say just do your thing the way you have it. You could always alter your frame to reflect the numbers on your '34 title, if worse comes to worse. At least you have a title. I'm going to be putting my '33 cab on a custom made Model A frame. What about that? I guess they'll spaz out over that in Harrisburg.

4. CrazyDaddy

CrazyDaddy
    from Austin TX

32 pickups used 32 passenger car frames. 33-34 pickups used 33-34 passenger car frames. The 33-34 cab will fit on the 32 frame w/o any problems but you will have to use 32 fenders.