Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 3 window "barn find" at Scottsdale GoodGuys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by al8apex, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I know this guy, we drive to the pileup together. Differnce here is, this car doesn't need to be completely gone through to be roadworthy. And, yes, it is awesome.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  2. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

I agree that if it's a fairly complete duece in good shape, then it's worth what someone's willing to pay for it.

But it's not "historical". It's an average 60's street beater.

3. colorado51

colorado51

You know, the thing that really bugs me about this is how this (seemingly) cool old hot rod is just being treated like a commodity. Kind of like people that buy houses just to flip them for top dollar.

Cars that are found like this deserve better. Sure everyone deserves to make a buck when they can, but it is a shame that some people that find cars like this see nothing but dollar signs and think about how much money they will make.

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

there's not a damn thing wrong with making money on cars and parts. if it were sold cheap, how would that make it any better for the car?

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

In fact, I think it would hurt its self esteem if it was sold too cheap.

6. MilesM

MilesM

You only loose money if you sell it!

7. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Insert APPLAUSE sign here!

You're fuckin eh right 'fink. I'll raise my right hand to this:

If I stumbled on to a smokin deal for a gennie 3W, below market value, I'd have it sold before you finish reading this reply. I have quite a collection of cars, tools, parts, and toys. Over 90% has been aquired by wheelin and dealin, turnin and burnin. I was taught at a young age that my "40hrs" doesn't have to be used for this shit if I simply use my head. My dear ol Dad was right, and by swappin shit around and selling for profit some of it's actually free.

8. StudebakerBob

StudebakerBob
    from Lapeer MI

The last time I went on a "barn find" all I found in the barn was a large cow patty, which I stepped in. And a hornet nest, which they stung me twice!

Some guys have all the luck!!!

9. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

It may not have set records, but it, like any other antique, has history to it.

10. henryj429

henryj429

This is a very entertaining thread. So what is it - 12 guys or so - that have commented, " if I had the money, I'd buy it", closely followed by "if I could sell my whatsit roadster I 'd buy it".

If I had the money I'd have Megan Fox in my passenger seat.

11. wvenfield

wvenfield

I don't know how many times I've been asked..."What are you doing with your eyes"?

I can only look away sheepishly.

12. wdl182

wdl182
    from New York

Okay, all henry steel full fendered 3 win. chopped 2" TPI small block, gearvendor overdrive, corvette suspension,Resell RED!! Halibrands $55,000.
    All henry steel full fender 3win. unchopped Vette drivetrain, Charcoal Gray, rumble,
    dk. red interior. $68,000.

13. Gross, and a....gross

14. KillerKustom

KillerKustom

I can't even afford such a cool car as that coupe. But that doesn't mean I have to knock it or devalue it just because it is out of my pay grade. Sheesh.

15. I think some people price their stuff to boost their ego. I would rather have this barn find than most of the cars on Barret Jackson. There are a lot of big egos in this hobby and a lot of money spent to boost egos.

16. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Who's to say he bought it cheap??....I payed $22,000.00 and a $1500.00 finders fee for one of my five windows that was found in a barn and had been ther since 1954....And then I had to listen to dumbass people tell me how I payed way to much for it, Yet they were driving a almost new 30k 2005 ford pickup.......I bet my 32 five window is worth more than their piece of shit pickup now!!...LOL

17. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

4 out of 6 of your posts have been adds about selling your rods. This is the disscusion forum. Try the classified section, more suitable for your topic. Barn Find= Finding a Beauty Queen thats been neglected for 40 years and that gets dumped by her husband for a younger redhead. Buy it and have many, many HAPPY memories to enjoy. Or you can get yourslf a redhead and try to turn it into a traditional style beauty queen. This is about trditional hot rods and customs.

18. knumb knuts

knumb knuts
    from tempe az

The other was likely the yellow/biege truck (32-34) next to it in the pics, they had the same contact info, not nearly the appeal the 3 wndw had, but he probably got a package deal. I was with my dad and he flinched at the price but the most expensive car he ever bought in his life was his deuce vicky in 1979 for $10K.

19. gear27

gear27

Production is what something like 22,148 units how many are left?

20. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

I hope he gets all the money. If that were my car I'd be asking all the money too.

21. I would love to show my building talents on this car, Corvair front end, reverse the suicide doors, make it a roadster, mold 38 Chevy rear fenders on the front, dura max diesel, Allison tranny, fill the top with a roof from the top of a 46 Ford pickup, install a split windshield and white spoke wheels. Install a rearend from a 59 jeep pickup on coil springs from a 70 something Impala. I tend to use things I have on hand.

This car has lots of potential.

Maybe Corvair power in the rear. I do not like the recent trite sayings about a Ford in a Ford.

22. BigRy

BigRy
    from colorado

This is funny. I was just looking at an old copy of Ol'skool Rodz and there it is. The funny thing is, it was found with a 5 window and in the artical it states how they will never be sold. I guess that things change. I realy wonder where the 5 window is? To see it in the mag it # 30 on page 30.

23. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

I can't afford a Bugatti. I don't think they suck because the are expensive. I worked my tail off to get my '32 woodie. Saved for years. Cut back on pizza and beer, etc. Worked extra time. Waited patiently for for a decent deal. It's all about priorities, my friends. By the way, it was well worth the effort! If a teacher can own a nice '32 (or other desirable car), so can you. Quit whining and do something worthwhile to realize your dreams!

24. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

What's your point?

Are we talking about street rods now?

25. skiviskaves

skiviskaves

I just puked in my mouth, and had a hard time swallowing it back down.

26. henryj429

henryj429

I want some of what you're smoking.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  27. metalshapes

metalshapes

You are off to a great start, Newbie.

Please post things that are Relevant and On Topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.