Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 3 window "barn find" at Scottsdale GoodGuys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by al8apex, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Sounds like one of Craigs cars.

RIP ED

2. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

You can buy a running driving one for that price.

3. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Are you referring to your Avatar?

RIP ED

4. show me!!!!

5. Troyz

Troyz

I hope whomever has the deep pockets doesn't molest that sweet old hotrod.

6. I looked the car over several times that weekend and it is about complete as you will find. Period correct. All the desirable parts were still there. If you have ever seriously looked for "ORIGINAL" Deuce parts you would see that at todays ridiculous prices, "NEAR" 60K was not out of line at todays prices and he only needs that one person that cant live with out that Deuce, and he is out there. Just has not seen or heard about it yet. He will get very close to his price and someone wont have to much searching for the "EXPENSIVE", hard to find parts, garage art parts that are out there that folks wont let go of cause then they cant say "I HAVE ONE OF THOSE BUT I MIGHT NEED IT ONE DAY IF I EVER GET A DEUCE"!!!! . Just ask the Guy that has built one. Like it or not, DEUCES are still expensive!! Just a fact of Hot Roding.
    If it were I, wouldnt change a thing just "restore" it to its 50s glory and drive the shit out of it, but then again, I'm just 70! Oh Well!!!!

7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I think it is a sad situation that these 32s are now selling for that kind of money.

Leaves a lot of the average guys out of the picture and leaves the rich guys as the only ones able to play any more.

At that point the game becomes a whole lot less fun.

Say what you want about what all the parts are worth or what someone will pay for it, I still say the whole 32 Ford situation is bullshit and is a bad part of an otherwise great hobby.

What happened to the days when you could pull one of these out of the bush or from a barn-shed for little more than scrap value ?

8. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Oh man, these deuce threads really bring out the crybabies.

If you don't like the price don't buy it.

Simple enough.

9. S.F.

S.F.

Agreed, his car, his price....Bottom line the car RULES.

10. 2Hep

2Hep

It may seem like alot, hell it is alot. But bottom line is the quote above. And sadly it is very realistic. And yes I too would buy it in a heart beat no questions asked and no haggle, had I the funds at my disposal

11. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

I also looked at the car all weekend...and one of the coolest parts about it is the fact that it was a true 50s hotrod and put in a barn to rest since..never messed with, whomever lays out the doe for it hopefully will not strip it and and make a new updated rod out of it! Leave the history in it I say!

12. myke

myke
    from SoCal

Anyone have any more pictures of it? Like maybe the interior?

13. myke

myke
    from SoCal

Price is strong I would say right now but not stupid. I know of a couple of complete stockers during this year that were advertised around 40 (maybe in a little worse shape but complete), so cheaper ones could be found if you ask around enough.

I think if you search barnfind or auction 3 window on here you can find the story of one of them.

14. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Just another '32, I'll pass.

15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Trade for that?? HA HA I Doubt it, he probably has taste!!;)

16. Dyce

Dyce

The price is right I'd say. Price a set of original 32 window moldings. Just a stock right rear fender is impossible to find. It's way out of my reach, but I'm not crying about it. Yhe car rules. Hope whoever buys it will restore it to it's prime.

17. i think it was 3 window larry that said this " you didnt pay too much for it, you just bought it too early"
    in 5 years from now that car will be worth more
    take out a second morgage
    get it running and driving(without altering its 50's stuff)
    and just wait for all the gold chainers to stop you in parking lots, stores, in the road
    32 fords are like money in the bank
    screw the stock market
    just my .02
    tk

18. uncle buck

uncle buck

Price is strong, but realistic. You can bet it will sell for over 50 .Hell ,if it was running and driving around the fairgrounds there it would probably be at $75,000 and sold. Reallity sucks!

19. come on now some people like these ..
    I do now after getting IT almost free:d

I THINK THEY WOULD CONSIDER IT ALMOST AS GOOD AS CASH MONEY

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  20. freeflynstl

freeflynstl

Soon, if not already, you'll have to be a rich pinhead to play with these cars. My Dad used to say if you wanna play you gotta pay.

Not the devil anyway.

21. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

Its all about the " GOLDEN RULE " .... The one with the GOLD makes all the rules.... A lil rich for my blood ..... Guess I'll have to stick with my plastic car....

22. colorado51

colorado51

Yea, I noticed that too. I think I remember seeing that car at the Greybeard show last year or maybe the year before. It was downstairs in the arena. I think that he found two old cars in the same barn / garage.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  23. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

I can agree, and it's not just duece's either, but just about all the 20's and 30's Fords.
    Thing is though, that this is a survivor. This isn't some fiberglass replica, or some repop, or even a car cobbled together out of 6 different ones.
    This car is history, and is something I would be proud to own.
    If I had the scratch, it would be in my driveway in no time...

24. Mike

Mike

Yup, that crusty, beat up, old '32 3 window is ceretainly not anywhere near as nice or desirable as the super fine machine in your avatar.

Aye, aye, aye.:rolleyes:

25. shainerman

shainerman

I would buy this car after only seeing the couple pictures for 60k if I had the money. The people on here crying about the price just shows me how much a lot of you have to learn still. Im saying that and im 27.

26. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

A fool and his money will soon be separated........ lol Just giving you a hard time Shainer

27. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

Don't get me wrong, I hate the price, but only because I can't afford it.
    It always amazes me how some of these managed to avoid the crusher (or worse the streetrodders! Lol) for all these years.

28. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

A fool and his money would spend half as much on a plastic car...... lol Just giving you a hard time Mayor :eek:

29. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

60k, mere bag of shells, i'll take 2! seriously though, if i had the funds, i'd make him a reasonable offer.

30. Those days were 50 years ago,,some guys just hung on to them planning to build it someday and life caught up with them and then passed them by,,long story short,,if your gonna play you gotta pay.

Like it or not 32's have always brought a premium and no question in my mind this one will also.

Crazy money,,sure,,I figure I was lucky to get mine when I did,,BTW,they were overpriced then too!:D HRP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.