Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 3 Window at Auction, Norfolk Nebraska

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by patina steve, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Builder1

Builder1
    from Nebraska

What does the auction company make on something like this?? Commission wise?

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Most auction companies ( like Barrett-Jackson ) charge a 8% additional fee to the buyer and 8% of the final bid to the seller ...

Which means them 16 per cent to them :mad:

3. Plowboy

Plowboy

47 Grand? I think I would rather have 2 of the Brookville bodies for that kind of money....or how about one that runs and drives?

4. The local auctioneers charge a commission on the final sale price depending on what it is. For example, household goods, parts, small ticket items would be 8-10%, cars, trucks, equipment, big ticket items would be 5-6% and a real estate sale of land, farm or a house would be 3%. You pay a $500 minimum with the advertising costs on top of the commission. That is what my very successful local auctioneer charges. I have sold my grandfathers land for my uncles and aunt with him a few years ago. I just tried to sell some land I own in the Black Hills with another auctioneer who charges a 8% buyers premium but it didn't sell due to a lack of bidders, maybe because of the buyers premium and a poor job done by the auctioneer. Since I am retiring and selling our house, I am going to have an auction of our excess houshold goods on October 31st. I may have a excess car parts auction after that when I decide what I am selling and keeping when I move.

5. Send me a list! We will be back that way this fall;)

As for your hills land, maybe I can help?

6. My Tudor is channeled - the Fordor is actually a rough field car I bought for parts. I think the location thing is right on the money.

Steve