Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Uncle Doug's Shop Rags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J. Fitzhugh, Dec 15, 2008.

1. J. Fitzhugh

J. Fitzhugh

2. bigolds

bigolds

I've got a couple of those hangin' in my garage!!! I think that is one of the coolest ideas for collectibles in eons!!!!!

3. I got one that HAMBer Tikiranch did a few years ago, to promote his art and work. it's a great idea, and one size fits all!

4. retro54

retro54
    from PA

got my Jalopy showdown rag on my bar in the basement... shop rag? how about bar towel! cleaning up grease or spilled yuengling... it all works for me...

So when is he printing one with a certain four letters on it?

5. How about a story on the Oil Can souvenirs sold at Jalopyrama ?

6. budd

budd

back a little over 30 years ago i was working at a service station, we bought rags made from old cloths mostly t-shirts, one day i pulled out part of black t-shirt, fliped it over and it had printed on it, "live in new york city John Lennon" i still have it.

7. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

"Uncle Doug" isn't on here,is he?
    Anyone know of a contact email address?

8. TOE

TOE

I usually call him at the shop, not sure of his email.

If you need the # let me know.

9. backyardbeliever

backyardbeliever

Im curious as to the timeline these rags started showing up on the "scene". outhere in Northern california in the early 1990's there were virtually NO carshows that would let a primered car in . All that was around it seemed was billit street rod fluff. So me and some buddies started a show called Backyard Believers it lasted about 8 years. No entry fee all free and focused mainly on cars that would be turned away at other shows. anyhow the point of this is I was screen printing the shows logo on shop rags and giving them out to all the people who brought a car. I had never seen this done before and thought it was a cool origional idea. needless to say its become a standard for promo of small cool ass shows of clubs. My question is does anyone know of how far back this idea goes?

10. J. Fitzhugh

J. Fitzhugh

BYB,

Doug's initial screen was the Pie Run shown in the story in 2001. You very well could have been the first. Doug's work is very regionally focused, and is all cool art. My story intent was not to say Doug was first, but he has been very active for seven years and these things are getting collector attention. Can you post a shot of any of the rags you did?

Jay

11. J. Fitzhugh

J. Fitzhugh

Pocono Rat,

Maybe a story on unique run give-aways. The oil can was just one of a bunch of cool stuff being done around the country.

Jay

12. They make great beer coozies.. Fold in a traingle and then wrap them around your coldie and tuck in the small end. With practice they you can slide them from one can to another without unwrapping them.

13. Uncle Doug...All Good Stuff Automotive (with Permission) 410-4378253.
    Great guy!

14. When you call him, ask how the belly tank is coming along.

15. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Mebbe we should have "Uncle Doug" join us here?
    He might have some other neat-o idears?

16. Don't know if Doug is on here or not, but I'm positive he has some very interesting, neat-o idears. Not only is he talented and hard working, he also is very opinionated (in a good way, at least in my mind). Let me put it this way. If he is on here, he ain't just a lurker. Doug will tell you exactly how he feels about something.:)

17. Those are cool...I have printed on those for a few customers in the past...definitely a cool look and something out of the ordinary...one size fits all too!

18. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Neat souvenirs .I picked up a shoprag at the A.T.H.S. truck show in Ks. they made up for the show. i'll use it for a wallhanger.

19. TOE

TOE

Heres a few more examples of shop rags by Doug:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Uncle Doug is the MAN!!! (and a damn GOOD man at that)