Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 31 Model A Victoria Build w/Pics – Miss Vicky

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D-Russ, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Go w/ da red crown, trim the banner & center it, the red crown will pop for sure!

2. Man, I wish the gold crown was just a little bigger...

3. daddio211

daddio211

Less is more. Gold.

Sent using the NEW Droid HAMB app from atop my toilet.

4. Baileysgassers

Baileysgassers
    from Nc

Love your car. I just got a Vicky. Bone stock. Original paint. Hasn't seen daylight since the 60s. Ur build is like a guide book in the direction I want to go

Attached Files:

5. Baileysgassers

Baileysgassers
    from Nc

Yeh I have the car bug. Pretty bad. The older I get. The older I want the cars to be

6. Baileysgassers

Baileysgassers
    from Nc

I do have 2 questions for you. I wanna use my stock frame I am gonna box it. I'm gonna run a sbc Do I have to flip the firewall inside out to make room. Or is that a myth. And I saw where speedway makes a 10 inch rise rear spring. Will that spring bring the ride height down 4 or five inches for me. Or is that for a diff application?

7. D-Russ,

Just curious, what spring shop did you use? Also, have you ever had any work done by Hanlon Plating?

Thanks,
    Ted

8. I use Thurston Spring Service.

http://thurstonspringservice.com/

Yes, I've had work done at Hanlon. If you want consistently good quality I don't recommend them. They no longer do triple plating and their prep and polishing work is sub par more often than not.

9. Whom do you use for Chrome plating?

10. I'm currently doing my research because I have a batch of stuff I need chromed. I'm looking at these two places:

ALISTER recommends:

Custom Metal Finishing IN
    1-866-489-4089
    Call or Email for spot-on bumper quotes!
    [email protected]
    www.ChromePlatingIN.com

phartman recommends:

R & D Finishing
    7 Tony Fuller Road
    Elizabethton, TN 37643
    423 543-1722

11. When you say Hanlon is no longer doing triple plating are you saying they skip the copper dip and go straight to nickle and chrome dips?

12. Very small update. I attached the Imperial logo to the engine turned aluminum disc with a little JB weld and glued the aluminum disc to the horn button from the back. Then I filled the recess in a clear epoxy casting resin so the crown and engine turned aluminum are buried in clear plastic. It turned out awesome and looks factory original with a twist. :cool: I just had a hard time capturing the clear epoxy in a photograph.

IMG_2499_zpsd8960b5c.jpg

IMG_2502_zps160f9bf2.jpg

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  13. NICE, turned out great Dave!

14. daddio211

daddio211

Horn button looks bitchin' man!

Regarding an SBC in an A without modifying the firewall I don't believe it can be done. My 327 was set back 3" with a 4" stock (but recessed) firewall, and my short pump pulley was touching my Walker radiator. I ended up moving my radiator forward 7/8" to clear, then used two electric fans.

Not saying your wrong Dave, I'm just saying I don't see how its at all possible. I'm really hoping to see how to do it for future builds.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. Nice, Dave!
    Glad you went with the gold one.

16. Got a little done this weekend. I cut down a few of the weld nuts I got from McMaster-Carr so they'd fit in the groove in the back of the garnish trim.

Then I tacked them to the backs of the deco trim pieces.

IMG_2503_zps9cd28cf2.jpg

IMG_2505_zps86f6a4fa.jpg

I got some 1/2 inch 8-32 screws to fit the weld nuts.

IMG_2510_zps8702b7f1.jpg

I put a few holes in the interior panels and screwed the trim pieces on.

IMG_2518_zps5989117b.jpg

IMG_2520_zps26928770.jpg

Now I just need to have them chromed.

I also welded on the frame extensions I made a couple of weeks ago. Now the rear spreader bar is installed. I'll need to get it chromed as well.

IMG_2514_zps6d1a5147.jpg

17. Lookin' Good. I really like your attention to the little details. The trim looks great!

18. She looks great!

19. Got any more interior shots? I was thinking you said your seats were done.

Nice job on the trim and steering wheel.

20. Thanks guys.

The seats are done, but I haven't put them in yet, so no interior shots. It's easier to get around inside the car while I'm working on it without them.

21. Looking good I love the Horn button...

22. Everything is so very nicely done, Dave - great attention to detail. My hat's off to you, man! Great work ....

23. So I brought the money pit home. The backordered adapter finally came in this week too.

Now the real fun begins – gotta install motor mounts, make an alternator bracket, rework the trans cross member and firewall if necessary, figure out a remote oil filter, and source and install a water pump and pulley.

It's looking like I'll have to lower the steering column where it goes through the firewall too. Oh, and I need to source an electric fuel pump. What do you guys think of the in-tank type? I hear they're quieter.

photo7_zpse5e7e75d.jpg

photo4_zps2174ff2f.jpg

photo3_zps277b6cbc.jpg

24. StLouisSled

StLouisSled

Nice ride...diggin' the horn button

25. Come on Dave, just stick the intake on for a pic, PLEASE ! :)

26. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Fuel Pump Carter P4070. It's quiet especially if it's rubber mounted and works really well with 97's and such.

27. You have my number if help is needed. ^^^

Motor looks great and you should be ready by Asphalt Angles, right?

Since your tank is finished and located in the car, I would go with an external unit. Just be sure you can locate it below the tank so you always have positive fuel supply. Holley makes some in-line units that would be simple to install.

28. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah!!! Congrats, Dave!!

29. Thanks man.

Very soon Mark. When finished, the block and heads will be black, intake will natural aluminum, carbs will be natural gray finish, valve covers and wire covers are chrome and hellings breathers are chrome. Is your dad on the HAMB too?

Thanks Sam, I'll probably take you up on the help offer. ;)
    I think it's safe to say the motor will be all buttoned up by Asphalt Angels, but I don't know if the paint and body work will be done. I agree, an in-line fuel pump would be easier, I've just heard they're noisy.

Thanks Scott, I know I still owe you cost numbers on the heads – I went through all the paperwork yesterday, so I'll PM you.

30. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool bud! I totally forgot, actually. No rush! :cool: