Register now to get rid of these ads!

31 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dcityman, Nov 29, 2013.

1. dcityman

dcityman

Kinda new to this but here goes... I want to put a 32 grille and shell on my 31 model A and also have my vintage air condenser and 16 inch fan in it. Is a 32 grille shell deeper than a 31? I know my light bar will not fit anymore is there anything else that will not fit? What kind of brackets should I use for my lights. Is there too many to list, my real reason for doing this not only because I like the looks I am having problems with the clearance for the fan and vintage air condenser...

Attached Files:

2. brady1929

brady1929

btt for the new guy. I would answer but I don't know.

3. aonemarine

aonemarine
    from Delaware

Im not sure either, but I think it takes a different hood as well.
    But the grill in the car looks great, so if you pull it out I could use it:D

4. Fenders

Fenders

I have a Brookville 32 shell on my rod (avatar) -- I cut the grille out of perforated stainless -- I have a fan behind the grille.

A fan and condenser can fit behind your grille if you pick the right fan and condenser.

You can use your original hood.

For the light bar, just cut yours in the center, bend it out, re-join the center with a piece of rod or tube. That's what I did.

5. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

A '32 grill shell will fit. The '31 hood will need to be reshaped slightly (I used my hands and no tools). There is room for a condenser and fan if you pick thin enough parts. The '32 shell is approximately 2.5" taller. Depending on how picky you are about the final product you may want to build sheet metal filler's for the inside gap between the radiator and the grill shell. I've done the swap twice.

Edit: Both times I did the swap I did not use the stock radiator fill location and both '32 shells were filled.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013