Register now to get rid of these ads!

31 coupe fender well patch help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hobbyjp, Jan 3, 2012.

1. hobbyjp

hobbyjp
    from socal

Ok so this is my first Model A build and so far every patch panel that came with the car and have bought sucks. I had to purchase new fender well patches because the ones that came with the car didnt even look close to right. So I bought a new pair that were die stamped. here's my problem the car was already missing about 2 inches from the bottom so I dont know what it looked like originally, I lined the patch up from the top and it matched up with the piece I cut out. I used the bead lines in the middle of the patch and the holes that are in the subrails to align everything. The patch should be dead on but I ended up with the wheel well being about an inch higher than the bottom of the area right after the door. I looked through as many pictures as I could find of Model A's and everyone I found looked like they used the patch panels that I threw in the scrap pile. Is the wheel well suppose to line up or is there a step. also does any one have a picture of how the wheel well and the area behind the door are suppose to mate originally?

here's some pics of what I got
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thanks

2. hobbyjp

hobbyjp
    from socal

Anyone have pictures of the fender well area preferably one that hasnt ever been patched . still trying to find out if there is a step between the two areas.

3. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

you need some bigger pics i really cant see too well

4. Flop

Flop

5. Flop

Flop

6. hobbyjp

hobbyjp
    from socal

Thanks Flop thats exactly what I needed to see. problem solved.