Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 303 Olds Rochester AA carb

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Arkas, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Arkas

Arkas
    from Germany

Hey everyone,
    I have the original Rochester AA carb on my 303 rocket. The problem with it is that it is leaking pretty badly at the driver side, propably where the throttle shaft lies.
    The rebuild kits i found only got all the gaskets, jets etc in them but no replacement throttle shaft (thinking that its worne out)
    Should i look for a replacement carb (which one besides the AA would fit the original intake/throttle linkage?) Or is there another way to get a new throttle shaft?

Thanks ,
    -Michael

2. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

We have some original NOS carbs that are freshened...... PM me for info

Thanks

3. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

If fuel leaks out of the shaft, it's not the shafts' fault - it's float, fuel pressure, or needle/seat trouble. The AA is a good carb when right ...

4. Arkas

Arkas
    from Germany

Got the car running and driving with a rebuilt AA since the old one was completely gone (thanks to Goatroper02)

At the moment though I am having the problem that the engine seems pretty low on power.

Ignition is completely new (every part) and set correctly, mechanical and vacuum advance work fine.

The engine runs very smooth at idle but only really comes to live at 1700+ rpm.

I am suspecting one of the vacuum lines to the carb (one on the front of intake and one on the firewall side).

Any ideas? Thanks :)