Register now to get rid of these ads!

302 Dual Point

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willymakeit, Nov 23, 2009.

1. willymakeit

willymakeit

I picked up a Mallory dual point for a small block Ford. Does annone know if the Petronix or something similar will fit where the point were ? I am not interested in points. I also do not like the looks of the HEI conversion for Fords. Thanks in advance.

2. Just use a regular points ford dizzy and add petronics, it's all i did.

3. 65COMET

65COMET

Mallory makes an electronic conversion for their distributors.I've had one my car for over 20 years! Try,Summit or Jegs.Takes about 15 minutes to install. ROY.

4. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I guess it depends on which Mallory dual point that you have. They make a drop in for the early 2 piece cap Mallory's like this one. Check with them using your model number.

5. MENACE

MENACE
    from PHOENIX AZ

I have the pertronixconversion in mine took about 15 min to install

6. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

I have a Pertronix in my 302 Dual Point Mallory dizzy. So yes, they do make them.

7. Go to http://www.pertronix.com/, click on the catalog tab & download the catalog for Pertronix products, & go to pg. 14....they offer kits to convert most of the Mallory units. :)

8. Good choice. I run them in all my Cars. Yes they will have one for your Mallory unit.
    The Wizzard

9. rstanberry

rstanberry
    from terrell tx

I just put a Pertronix Ignitor III in my old Mallory dual point dist. in my 351 w. Works great so far but only about 1000 mi. on it . Time will tell. I keep the old points,condenser ,etc in the trunk just in case.

10. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

WILLY...JEG.S has a module that is electronic h.e.i. that replace's the points. SO you can keep your dist. don't you just love auto perfarmance catalogs. I know i do!...POP.

11. Yes, as stated by others, we (PerTronix) make conversions for your Mallory Dual Point Dist.