Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 30 model a woody

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RODMAN58, Aug 10, 2013.

1. RODMAN58

RODMAN58
    from VIRGINIA

As a little background info we started to build this car several years ago. My dad lost interest, got sick and it went way to the back burner. I tried to sell the car here with no luck. Rather than take a big hit we just sat on the car. Then my dad got feeling better. He and I, with the help of Kevin Slack got the project done. My friend at Mad Cycle did the wiring. It's got a small block ford as God and Henry Ford intended and a C-4. 9 inch with 4 bar link and dropped axle with Mopar discs. Some sort of plymouth wheels (let me know if you know what car) and it's pretty stock. I really believe the car helped my dad regain his strength. He's 75 now and you never get too old to hot rod.

Rod

Attached Files:

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

very Cool - knew you "wood" getter done

3. The Woodie looks great! HRP

4. Super Streak

Super Streak
    from Florida

Great car, glad to hear your Dad is doing well. Drive it as much as possible and enjoy it!

5. That is nifty

6. teddyt

teddyt
    from U.S.

Very nice car.......

7. blyndgesser

blyndgesser
    from Georgia

Love it! What's the back story? Was it originally a woody or did you rebody it?

8. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

Happy to hear ya'll finished it together!

9. RODMAN58

RODMAN58
    from VIRGINIA

As far as the woodwork. It's all custom built. A friend who does wood work drew it up (no blue prints) and laid it out. Cut all his own patterns. Pretty amazing actually. He's done 3. His goal was to make the woodwork look as orignal as possible. So, it's just a truck cowl, custom body, brookville frame. All the steel is Ford. The old girl gets a lot of attention.

10. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

That should be in my garage. It was forsale ? either I did not see it or I had no money at the time..