Register now to get rid of these ads!

30 Model A Hot Rod

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Craig Owens, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

I'm new to the H.A.M.B. Took me long enough to figure it out, huh? I'm not totally potty-trained when it comes to computers. Anyway, I'm located in Santa Rosa, Ca and I'm a retired guy & car nut. My current flame is a 30 Model A coupe. I'm building it high boy-style on a 32 frame. It'll be a traditional style hot rod with I beam front axle and hair pins, skinny steel wheels with bias belt wide whites, and a 327 Chevy with 350 turbo. I've chopped the top 4", and I'm now working on rear subrails and body mounting. Anybody nearby doing a similar build? If so, gimme a call at 707-544-1948 and we can compare notes.

2. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

Welcome. Glad to have you in the HAMB. If you search you can find a lot of good info on the car you are building. Just click on the HOKEY ASS MESSAGE BOARD then click off on search this forum then type in model A and it should pull up quite a bit of threads you can look at. Good luck with your project.Thanks,BOBBY FORD

3. LTM75110

LTM75110

Welcome from Texas, Sounds like my kind of car, Lets see some pics...

4. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

Sorry it took me so long to answer......toldja I'm not too slick at the computer stuff. I actually didn't even see your reply till tonight (12-31-08).

Anyway, got the Model A up and running this summer. For now, it's finished, but I might do a little more body work and shoot some paint at it sometime in the future. Not sure how to attach pictures here, but if you're interested, send me your e mail address and I'll send pictures that way.
    Later.....
    Craig Owens [email protected]

5. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Great looking coupe...wish their was a build thread for it!!!!!!

6. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

welcome from ga

7. 343w

343w

Hey Craig, How's the coupe coming these days, its been awhile since your intro, give us an update on your progress.

8. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

I was just reading through this stuff, and realized I hadn't responded. Geeez, I'm a deadbeat. Sorry about that, but now for the update on my coupe: I got it running and driving in July 2008. Since then, I've done some more stuff, and put about 5500 miles on it (it's Dec 2009).

Just yesterday, I got my aluminum top insert back from the upholstery shop where I had it covered with military canvas. I had the upholstery shop stitch it up a little to give it some style. With that, it's pretty much done for awhile. There's always something more to do, but I think it has a good look now, and it drives and rides great.

I should've done a build thread as I was doing it, but it slipped my mind to do so, and I'm not that computer saavy anyway. I do have something of a picture build thread in my photo albums. Like I said, I'm not that computer sharp, so when I posted the pictures, they came out in order from the newest to the oldest (start of the project).

This was a fun car to build, and I'm real happy with the way it turned out. The H.A.M.B. is the greatest!
    Craig

Attached Files:

9. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Its looking great! See you added some length to the headers for longer baffles...

10. Welcome from Kellys Hot Rod Parts Birnamwood WI !!

11. jason65

jason65

Welcome from Ok.

12. Wow, you did a great job. It has always been my dream to build an A just like that. Great job man couldn't have turned out better. Please don't change anything about it it is perfect.

13. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Welcome from South Georgia :D

14. Racedad

Racedad
    from Sacramento

be sure to go to Billetproof 14 in antioch this year!!! It will take you to a better place... "Racedad"

15. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Hi and welcome from Scotland.
    Love the 'A'!
    Cheers,
    Mark

16. chevy3755

chevy3755

welcome to the hamb......lotsa model A's here........

17. SniffnPaint

SniffnPaint

Nice A! Welcome from Ohio.