Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 30 model a dimensions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by risgate, Jul 5, 2013.

1. risgate

risgate
    from PA

Hi all

Need help with dimensions for my model a five window coupe. I searched online everywhere for measurements for the trunk opening but can't find anything. I think the PO screwed up some patch panels which resulted in the sides not being even - off by about 1/4 inch which jacks up the trunk lid fit. Anyone have the dimensions of the trunk opening? From top of opening to tail panel top and top of opening to bottom of panel. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. oltruckag

oltruckag

3. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by Dirty Dug [​IMG]
    36-1/2" top, 35-3/4" middle, and 35-1/2" at the bottom.....
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Mine is also 36 1/2" at top and 35 1/2" at bottom, I'm sure they were a bit different here and there as they were hand built back in the day. The top dimension may vary a small bit but the bottom should be close after you install the lower panel. If you are using an aftermarket decklid skin then you'll fight a long time to make it fit right, I played with my aftermarket for several days and couldn't never get it to fit right. I ended up re-working my original in the english wheel to straighten it out and fits excellent.