Register now to get rid of these ads!

'30 Ford Coupe top

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unclerichard, Oct 6, 2010.

1. unclerichard

unclerichard
    from Michigan

Done the search and found some info but not with the moulding. I am putting the insert back in my top, and would like to use something other than the aluminum hard to bend stock moulding. Has anyone used a vinyl one or know what could be used? I have the padding, material, and the hidem welt, as well as the aluminum moulding, but don't want to contend with bending it since the car is now in color. I have seen cars with the vinyl moulding but don't know where to get it. Any ideas?

2. swifty

swifty

Julianos sells a top kit for under $200 which includes the base material, padding, vinyl and the molding which holds it all in place. I have been told that their molding is "big, fat, and ugly" and after looking at the genuine 32 style yesterday I will agree. Macs Auto Parts sells the OG moldings and rubber seals for 32 and 34 but don't know about A's. Maybe someone who deals specifically in Model A stuff can help or maybe you could use the ones Macs sells. They are shown in their catalog.
    BTW Julianos site has the fitting instructions which may be of help if you haven't done it before.

swifty