Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 30 Ford coupe build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fitnessguy, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

That’s cool! Tell her I say hi! Guess you’re gonna have to bring her out to DD next year so she can see the coupe in person!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Waiting for my motor to be finished. I HATE waiting. i might be the worst person in the world for waiting. I'm starting to slip into a deep dark depression waiting. I have contemplated climbing a clock tower... My wife even suggested i do some chores around the house!!!! Like deucedreamer!!! ba ha ha ha can you believe that garbage?! I did book my hotel in Victoria for Deuce Days today. Got a great deal compared to the ridiculous $3-500 a night i have seen at most of the properties for that weekend. what a rip off. Hopefully i have good news SOON

3. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

Be patient! Your engine will be back soon enough for your Street Rod! :eek::D:D

brEad likes this.
  4. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

don't you have dishes or laundry to do?! :p

Blue One, brEad and loudbang like this.
  5. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Went to the machine shop today to check on the progress on the 409. Motor’s been stripped and cleaned. Happy to discover she had low mileage on her and everything was in great condition. All new internals, valvetrain etc should be arriving next week then the machining begins!!
    IMG_6108.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

All you BC Hambers out there, if you want to see some great funny car action, get down to Mission this weekend for the Lucas Oil Canadian National Open. A ton of nostalgia nitro funny cars and BB funny cars will be there. I attend this race every year and it doesn't disappoint. Gonna be hot too.

https://www.facebook.com/missionracewaypark/

https://speedzonemagazine.com/

31chevymike and loudbang like this.
  7. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Got the call from the machine shop today, 409’s almost done!! Tried to act cool and calm on the phone, hoping he didn’t hear me giggling like a little school girl on the other end of the line... of course one more week and we go on a family vacay so no pressure to try and get her done before summers over!! Been fiddling wth piddly little jobs as I get bored. Did a little customizing on my powergen today. Think it looks cool. Didn’t want to put anything directly on the car so this works.

IMG_6321.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

mgtstumpy, Stogy, brEad and 6 others like this.
  8. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Looks great, maybe you could rub some black paint over the stamped lettering Ryan did so your H.A.M.B. I.D. will be visible. 409,409,409.

Stogy, brEad, Fitnessguy and 2 others like this.
  9. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Alright alright alright!!! My summer of waiting is OVER!!! Went and picked up the 409 today after much waiting! Watched a few dyno pulls then got her pulled off wrapped up and brought home. So happy to finally be able to jump back on the build and finish it off. The car is done except dropping the motor in and plumbing so hopefully this weekend this ol girl moves under her own power for the first time in a long time! Motor made 370hp and 410 torque running these old manifolds. Have the gear drive headers of course so should be a little healthier than that. Can’t wait to slip her between the rails for the last time!!
    IMG_6574.JPG IMG_6575.JPG IMG_6577.JPG IMG_6580.JPG

AHotRod, Hotrodmyk, brEad and 7 others like this.
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

mgm lion.gif

The roaring lion is back in the house looks great Fitness...;)

We are ready...for your next phase of
    A-Bone thrash...good
    Stuff....​

11. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Ha ha ya she sounded like a lion on the dyno today!

31chevymike, Dino 64 and Stogy like this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All Betcha it did...what a cool addition and selection for your Hotrod.

31chevymike, Dino 64 and Fitnessguy like this.
  13. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Yay !! Been wondering....that 409 is bitchin can’t wait to hear that sucker roar !
    Congratulations, now get to work

Stogy, Fitnessguy and 31chevymike like this.
  14. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This thing is really coming together well. Can’t wait to see it at Deuce days or sooner.
    Nice job

31chevymike and Fitnessguy like this.
  15. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

16. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

IMG_6592.JPG

51box, brEad, AHotRod and 6 others like this.
  17. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Motor in between the rails tonight. Fits like a glove! Pound away tomorrow at all the plumbing, wiring etc and hopefully Sunday we can make some noise! It’s funny this part of a build always makes me anxious and nervous. Don’t want to miss anything or have a bunch of piddly crap to fix. Have been very slow and methodical at all the detail stuff so hopefully she flashes without too many gremlins!
    IMG_6600.JPG IMG_6601.JPG IMG_6602.JPG IMG_6604.JPG

18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Make sure the garage door is open when you fire it up and if there's not a walking path across the road...there will be soon...:D...full steam ahead Fitness...;)

19. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

20. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Oh ya! They’re chromed now. Just doing all the plumbing and finish wiring before I put them on. Dad wants to uncap the headers when we first start it but I don’t want to piss the neighbors off too bad...

31chevymike, Stogy and Dino 64 like this.
  21. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

raven, 31chevymike and Fitnessguy like this.
  22. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Make some noise - others have party's with loud music... Are you planning to use a break-in oil for your camshaft? Just curious whether you are or not - no big deal... Another Instagram video of the startup will fill our HAMB member's needs!!!!

Dino 64 and Stogy like this.
  23. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Motor is a full roller so no break in needed. Motor has been run on the dyno to seat the rings and do all the initial tuning. Once I have everything buttoned up in the car she’s a runner. Check for the usual potential leaks and make sure all the electrical is happy.

24. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

90 percent done with the plumbing and wiring. Just a few little things left then we’ll be ready to fire her up and do the usual leak “search” make sure electrical is happy etc. I love this part of a build and I hate this part of a build. Always get stressed thinking I missed something or wired something wrong. Oh well that’s why you do all the checks right.

IMG_6606.JPG IMG_6607.JPG IMG_6608.JPG

31chevymike, woodz, brEad and 5 others like this.
  25. 31 Chopped Coupe

31 Chopped Coupe

Been there, done this. I know about the stress but it sure is cool trying to erase the grin from your face when it fires up the first time and its ready to go under it's own power. Looking good.

26. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Bunch more done today and a couple gremlins. The heater decided to have a pin hole leak that I discovered when I filled the rad. Weird because I had the core pressure tested when I bought the heater so not sure what the deal is there. Easy enough fix just a pain in the ass. Then had to re route the tranny dipstick as it interfered with one of the front floor boards so that took some work too. Got the Geardrive headers in. Think they look bitchin. Tackle a few more things over the next few days and then get this thing fired up.
    IMG_6610.JPG IMG_6613.JPG IMG_6612.JPG IMG_6615.JPG

51box, tb33anda3rd, wackdaddy and 9 others like this.