Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 30 Ford coupe build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fitnessguy, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Plate light ? Aluminum shrouded gets my vote. The bosses ears must be burning

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.
  2. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

What the hell is going on here??!!??!! I take one day off to cruise in the Camaro and I come back and Stogy has broke into my shop, changed my brilliant "leader not follower" design and then the peanut gallery is all chiming in about his interfering in my build!!! "Oh I like it" "you're so smart Stogy" "I like what you've done with your hair!" Holy cow I guess I gotta camp out in the shop from now on! Ha ha ha even if I DID like your designs Stogy, prudence demands that I don't use any of them to send the right message and protect my reputation as legendary car designer!!! oh and all you peanut gallery are in the doghouse until further notice! Max, those weiand covers you know I want would go a loooong way to getting you back in the good graces...

loudbang, Stogy, Max Gearhead and 2 others like this.
  3. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Aluminum shrouded (looks like Hollywood style)

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:eek:
    as @Max Gearhead
    would say
    :cool:

No matter what your decision Fitness
    I will still park beside you at the cruise night...;)

loudbang, Max Gearhead and brEad like this.
  5. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

You better hurry I'm taking requests from guys to park beside me once she's done!

You can park beside me anytime Stog

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Finished the wood bulkhead yesterday. I made it as two pieces so it's easier to get in and out and allows a little tighter seal against the body. I bought a roll of generic soft rubber molding that i can use on various pieces like this throughout the build. Stuff is cheap so why not. Fiddled around with a few other little task. Love these gear drive headers on the 409! Can't wait to hear some sound out of them!
    IMG_2794.JPG IMG_2795.JPG IMG_2799.JPG IMG_2800.JPG IMG_2801.JPG

mgtstumpy, 30tudor, Hotrodmyk and 6 others like this.
  7. Cool headers!:cool:

loudbang and Dino 64 like this.
  8. Looking good!

loudbang likes this.
  9. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Thanks Mr Max. I wanted the tube coming off the header to the exhaust to follow the same line as the header vs when guys just drop them down straight. Think it flows a little nicer.

loudbang likes this.
  10. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Those headers look super ! Got any close ups of where the header meets the exhaust system?
    Thanks

loudbang likes this.
  11. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Wait what Dino the meano's giving me a compliment??!! I don't have any close ups but can get you some.

loudbang likes this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have another backup light option.....just kidding...:D.

Very linear on the angular on the pipes Fitness. Coming together quickly...and nicely...;)

13. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Ha ! Yeah I hate your build so much I want to copy the headers ! Whenever you get to it, thanks.

loudbang and brEad like this.
  14. wackdaddy

wackdaddy

I'm paging thru this thinking the backup light/lic plate options are the op's. Apparently not ... some infidel from the east is playing with us! btw ... I like the center mount b/u light for what it's worth. Seems to look a bit more balanced

loudbang, Dino 64 and Stogy like this.
  15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wackdaddy don't get me in trouble...:p

loudbang and Max Gearhead like this.
  16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Fitnessguy are you going to run vintage plates? Thats a nice colour scheme for that year...

slimcat7m3 likes this.
  17. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

I would love to. I actually have a BC 30 plate but just a single. I don't know if we can run old original plates? Would be cool if we could.

18. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

What??? You're voting against my cutting edge design too?? You guys gotta think outside the box a little with this backup light!!

Stogy likes this.
  19. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He's more on your side he called me a Toronto Maple Leaf Fan...:D

loudbang likes this.
  20. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Ah yes the leafs almost as painful as our Canucks

21. just a thought on the back up light................on a 37 coupe we built with no bumpers we toiled with the same issue and decided to put two back up lights hidden under the rear of the car out of sight from the public eye. We tested this at night and were happy with the illumination they provided. Car has been driven now for two years and they have worked out very well FWIW

22. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Any pics of the general location? Were they still pointing towards the back or more down?

loudbang likes this.
  23. wackdaddy

wackdaddy

I like vtwhead's idea for placement under the car. I am going to do that on my a. At the end of the day it's whatever you think looks the best. I will bet that most people that walk up to your car will spend 90% of their time out front drooling over that badass 409!

Stogy ... I am changing the locks on my garage

24. Sorry, no pics as the car is in storage pending the results of a nasty divorce. What I recall is that the lights were 3 inch and were mounted up high pointed at an angle toward the rear rolled pan. We questioned the placement, did not feel it would produce enough light but were pleasantly surprised to see the coverage we got at night when tested.
    I would vise grip a light up under the back near the rear end and test it at night with all other lights off in the area. See what you think.
    On my 31 I will be doing the same thing if I ever get to work on it!

loudbang likes this.
  25. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Didn't like the battery box i started a while back and thought the ones online were overpriced so poked around and found a set of three different size ammo boxes on sale at princess auto for $42! The biggest size is perfect for the optima so bam instant battery box that seals tight as it has a rubber seal on the top.Welded on some tabs to bolt it to the frame and she's nice and snug. I installed these Moroso terminal mounts for a cleaner set up. Would have liked to have mounted the box the other direction but that wouldn't allow enough room to flip the top up. Not that i will ever be putting much in the trunk. IMG_2837.JPG IMG_2842.JPG IMG_2844.JPG IMG_2846.JPG

26. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Was never in love with the steering wheel I picked up as I wanted something original but haven't liked the prices I see on original wheels especially for the condition most are in. Hopped in the ol interwebs a couple days ago and what did I find but this original 55 Pontiac Laurentian wheel. Had to drive about an hour and half to pick it up but was super happy to find the pics didn't do it justice. Chrome is almost perfect with no pitting and there is only one hairline crack at the bottom of the wheel which i will fill. Missing the glass in the center of the horn but I can replace that too no problem. I am a fan of the early GM wheels with the full horn ring like this. She's big but she's got character! When the shifter is in "drive" lots of room for clearance so I'm happy! And I sure as hell didn't pay those stupid prices for repops!! Oh and here's a pic of what happened to the rest of the car! Lots still to do!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

27. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

28. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Nice wheel, great find. Coming together, looking good

Fitnessguy and loudbang like this.
  29. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey @Fitnessguy whass up...;)...anyting new.
    Thoughts going your way to you and your fellow BCites with all that fire stuff. We are getting drenched almost daily here.