Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 30 Chevy coupe help

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by bryanyeskie, Jun 4, 2017.

1. bryanyeskie

bryanyeskie
    from Hixton

i need body measurements for a 30 Chevy 3 window coupe. Prefer behind cowel door to door and behind the door door to door. Then deck lid opening top to bottom.

What I have is a car that was cut up and tacked together very poorly and now I get to try to fix it yay super fing excited about this project

Attached Files:

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  2. good project.
    did you get a frame?

Hudson31 likes this.
  3. bryanyeskie

bryanyeskie
    from Hixton

Nope just trying to fix the poor chop shop job. The owner trashed everything for this car had a good frame and most sub structure but he tore it out and scraped it most likely. It is a fairly solid car the usual bottom rust but it's not all pitted or Swiss cheese looking. The chop was horrendous one windshield post was 4 yes four inches farther back then the other and the rear of the door window was about 1/2-1 inch difference side to side

Hoping someone with a good 30 Chevy will chime in with some measurements of the deck lid opening so I can start reinforcing what I have.

Attached Files:

4. tb33anda3rd likes this.

5. bryanyeskie

bryanyeskie
    from Hixton

I'll check it out thank you

6. bryanyeskie

bryanyeskie
    from Hixton

Tfoch I didn't see anything that would help me but was intresting reading.

Still hope someone can help with the measurements of the deck lid opening width that's what I need the most I think the rest will kind of fall into place as I go.

On a side note I did get the windshield post fixed and they are a lot better looking then they were still have a lot to do to them. They are the same height and square to each other. Wish I had the window to see if it will fit. I only took 3/4 inch out of the longest one and about 1/2 inch out of the other.

Attached Files:

7. bryanyeskie

bryanyeskie
    from Hixton

Still looking for measurements of rear quarter to rear quarter trunk area. Been searching the web and come up empty.

Wish it was a A there's everything down to the micron for a A

Thanks to everyone who can help!

8. That's why having an early Chevy is special. Parts are harder to find but the end result is when you show up to a car show or cruise you don't see any others. Search a little more and you'll find what you are looking for. Don't be afraid to ask what measurements you're looking for on the www.rustybowtie.com Lots of good guys on there willing to help out.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  9. letncat

letncat

Here is a link to Flickr pictures of my coupe build from 2004 to current. Maybe something in there will give you some help with your build. Be glad to answer questions if I can.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/127319892@N07/sets/72157664269083112/

Here's some pictures of my trunk opening hope they help.
    Couldn't get a good picture of top to bottom because trunk lid is in the way.
    Panel under trunk lid opening from gas tank to top is right at 7"

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    bryanyeskie likes this.
  10. bryanyeskie

bryanyeskie
    from Hixton

Thank you letncat the measurements you posted are exactly what I needed.

I'll ask if I need anything more

Thanks again to everyone.