Register now to get rid of these ads!

'30 5 window w/ a 34 grill pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by injectedA, Sep 25, 2003.

1. injectedA

injectedA

I usually don't do this. But, I'm not finding any '30's with the 34 grill. Finally scored a '34 grill for I guess a reasonable price, seeing what they go for anymore.

Anyone know where to look or have a one? Don't wanna eat up space, just one? Thanks.

2. injectedA

injectedA

And a side note. Have been playing with the mockup, ass up, cowl down stance, thinking grill laid back (because I don't have the grill yet).

When it sits low on all corners, the rear body line is lost with the large tires.

Better help me or I'll tub it. [​IMG]

3. fatassbuick

fatassbuick

Not quite but close...a '34 - '36 International grill with the same pointy bottom:

Attached Files:

4. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

I don't think a 34 grill looks that good on an A. The body of an A is not swoopy enough to use a grill like that. That why people don't put them on A's. I'm always into trying new stuff and have a different look but they fit later cars like a 35-36 fords even better than an A.

5. FATASS! Thats look awesome.
    Always been a fan of the Model A grille, BUT that looks great..has a nice amount of bulk to the top of it...
    I reckon a 34 grille hasn't enuff visual 'bulk' for a model A!

maiki [​IMG]

6. fatassbuick

fatassbuick

7. Crease

Crease

I think it would look alright, but they're so frickin expensive. I would rather have an A grill for alot less money. Personally I love A's with A grills.

Crease
    Barons So Tex

8. injectedA

injectedA

Mike there it is. [​IMG] Perfect. I only pop in here with the time limited and musta missed it, cause I thought I've been catching everything on your ride. Bitchin.

I have an A grill, with the truck, yes, would have been right and the '34 would not. But with this coupe the A grill don't cut it.

Maybe it's not so much the hot rod as it is the parts with me. Because there are three items I've always liked more than any other.

Injectors. Fuck blown. Had to settle for the Enderle's early on. Cost. Didn't think I could afford the Crower setups. I just wouldn't shell out that kinda money. Thanks to ebay it's real.

Big open rear ET's or Hali's and spindle mount fronts on just about anything.

And the '33/'34 grill is just the shit for me. Again ebay.

Never thought I'd ever find an affordable 5 window, any year, now that I have? Gotta make them all work.

9. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

one of the coolest model T's i ever saw was at the columbus goodguys. tall roofed coupe, slammed in front, lots of bare metal and a 33-34 grille. i totally dug it. i understand what ya say about those grilles generally belonging on swoopier cars, and i dont know if it was the old timey funkiness of a too-tall T, but damn, i dug it. got a pic, but it needs resizing.

10. fatassbuick

fatassbuick

The good thing about my grill shell is that it was only $25 at the Autofair, instead of $2500. I went there looking for a hubcap and a grill shell and I only had $40...and got 'em both!
    My Model A shell won't fit over that big ass radiator without hacking it up.

11. Crease

Crease

Didnt realize you had the grill already. If you've got it I would run it. I was just thinking back to the hell I went through looking for a descent 33' shell that didn't cost 2 grand. Im with ya now.

Crease
    Barons So Tex