Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 30, 40 ,50 years ago..Here we go again

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Mark Yac, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You can't stop progress or expect or convince future thinking...

It is a choice of course should one be even exposed to the Era/Period we revere here and I was and made a choice and others do too...

Many of the older generation are involved in what you speak of as well...o_O

Again it's a choice...

Thanks for sharing Pat's Website... it truly is, with a small number of Websites we can visit, heartfully connected to what we call IT...;)

It's with me till I die...;)

Thank's @Ryan, @pgan, @Rikster, (Sondre Kvipt) of Kustomrama and all the others keeping the dream alive...;)

2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

3. Mark, that is not the type of car I associate you with, when you were in Connecticut in the 60's

Register now to get rid of these ads!

4. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

@pgan , cool article. the green Olds with the candy stripe interior was owned by Don Bohnenkamp. A good friend of mine recently bought Truman Nelsons 51 merc (the red one in the cb antenna pic) and has been driving the hell out of it. Another friend of mine bought Little miss vicky in Florida about ten years ago and it is alive and well in Long Lake Mn

kidcampbell71 and Stogy like this.
  5. Nick , You didn't know me in Jr.High when I had the little custom magazines hidden in my notebook,..or when I had my 47 Chevy in the backyard. You never saw me sanding and smoothing it and fixing rust and dents and trying to make it look "nice".
    Yes, I did get sidetracked with muscle cars and drag racing after that. ;)

BTW, I predict the nice, shiny cars will make another comeback, like they did in the 80's.

0NE BAD 51 MERC and Moriarity like this.
  6. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I sure hope so

UNSHINED 2 likes this.
  7. That's a great shot of my 40 Merc and larry Purcells 41 Ford.

Mick

Moriarity likes this.