Register now to get rid of these ads!

30=31 ford frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CapeCodBob, May 23, 2012.

1. Unless you are going to use some of the other parts I would suggest looking for a bare frame. Maybe you could make an offer on just the frame. That would be cheaper and you won't end up with a bunch of parts to get rid of.

Charlie Stephens

2. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

some good parts there for the price, late 31 firewall, good A axle, nice frame.
    See if you can get it for a bit less and part it out to fund your T frame.

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Will a '27 body fit? Just a thought.

4. -Brent-

-Brent-

Bob, what do you have for parts now, an early T or 26/27? If it's the latter, I'd go for it. If it's an earlier, say 15-22 or even 23-25, I'd pass on that.

Got any pics of cars or styles you like? That'd help narrow down what parts you'd have to look for.

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Yep, they actually fit pretty well. IMO that one shown is a little steep. The frame can go for $ 100 -$200, and the same for the cowl, Sometimes a model a front axle will fetch $ 100, but most times $ 50. The rest is only useful to a restorer.

I think that one will be on CL for a while and I would personally pay no more than $ 400 for it, and only if I needed the three components mentioned.

Don

6. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Sure, it will owrk under any T modified how you like it.
    The parts you sell from the A chassis might get a nice chunk of your purchase price back.
    Heck you might be able to get that big banger running and fall in love with early style rodding.

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

If it is a good frame without deep rust pitting, no cracks or repairs I think $200. is what the frame is worth, that leaves $500 for the leftovers. Doesn't look like a great deal, but if it is close by that saves on travel costs.