Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 3 Great Ones in a Row - Photos from the 2014 Rodder's Journal Revival

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Greenberg, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks a lot mr57. More on the way. Here's something you don't see everyday or possibly ever - a customized 1942 Diamond T pickup which I believe is owned by Bronco Bob. (per my image search on the internet - never saw its entry tag).
    [​IMG]

Dave Mc likes this.
  2. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Gathering at Belvedere Square
    [​IMG]

3. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

4. RICK R 44

RICK R 44

Thanks for posting your pics of the Revival, especially the ones of my 51 Meteor. The Revival was a most enjoyable, well run show. I especially like the "traditional" theme. Your exceptional pictures certainly captured the quality of the cars in attendance. I consider it an honour to be included in your gallery. Thanks for preserving the memories of a fun event. Rick from Ontario

5. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

You're very welcome Rick and thanks for your positive comment and taking the time to look through the thread. I really liked your car and caught it a number of different times and have a few more images of it. I will to post another later once I get caught up. One other event you might consider going to that is perfect for you and your car is the Custom Car Revival - traditional customs only - in June in Indianapolis. http://www.pbase.com/dlgphoto/customcarrevival2014&page=all

1934 Ford, 1952 Chevy Pickup, 1964 Ford Falcon
    [​IMG]

Dave Mc likes this.
  6. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

These two roadsters I could have photographed all day. I wish I had them to myself to park and pose in various places.
    [​IMG]

7. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

An interesting pair at night on the Fells Point pier. An interesting thing I just noticed when working on the image that I did not think about during the show is that sedan delivery back door on the '32. I never got the chance to look it over, so I am wondering if they made it into a wagon or something.

[​IMG]

8. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

A few from the parking lot of the North Baltimore Plaza
    [​IMG]

Ron and Patti Thorpe's 32
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    straykatkustoms and Dave Mc like this.
  9. autobilly

autobilly

Of course, some superb cars beautifully photographed, but what also strikes me is the great looking town.

whiplash1923T likes this.
  10. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks autobilly. I agree completely. A lot of what this event and these photos are should be credited to the Rodder's Journal crew who selected the sights and activities that make this event so special.

11. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

12. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

13. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

14. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

15. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Dave Mathews' 38 Ford
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  16. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

17. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Ed Mathews 40 pickup
    [​IMG]

Dave Mc likes this.
  18. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I fell in love with this Buick at the Custom Car Revival. Great eye Dan, this is a kool profile shot.

19. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Ian Weber's 1952 Chevy
    [​IMG]

20. Well I simply am amazed with how you present your photos and I love how you appear to set the cars up to be photographed yet I'm sure that isn't the case from your comments. I too appreciated the cobblestones and old style buildings that are the back drop to your amazing work. I am going to try to use your examples when I'm at a rod event to try and capture the cars as you do with my camera. Thanks so much Dan for your photos and your time to post them here for all of us to enjoy.
    Keep them come please, Mark from New Zealand.

21. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks very much for that Mark. You are correct in your assumption that most of them were not set up to be photographed and most of the time, I try to do the best I can with what I find. Some are much better placed than others and there are many that, even though I love the car, I do not even attempt since the environment they are in or the way they are displayed makes it pretty much impossible to get what I would consider a half decent shot. It might give you some ideas to look at the main repository of my car show photos that show lots of different images shot in lots of different environments. http://www.pbase.com/dlgphoto/carevent . This show is amongst the very best when it comes to providing unique environments for the cars. Like pretty much all shows I have been to, the pre and post events that go with it provide the best opportunities to get really great and different shots. I hope someday to get the chance to go to shows in New Zealand and Australia.

whiplash1923T and lothiandon1940 like this.
  22. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

This year there were quite a few 49-50 Oldsmobiles at the event - a car that I have always loved and all of them were pretty cool. Out of all of them, this 49 owned by Albert Torelli was my favorite. Absolutely gorgeous! I just wish it had been in a better spot to be photographed.
    [​IMG]

23. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

The Caddy with Strombergs out of Mike Mondrella's 32 Coupe
    [​IMG]

24. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

25. Thanks Dan for the link to your library of photo's. I have had a quick lookie-see and you talent has blown me away so I look forward to going and have a good study. I noticed that you use a Nikon camera and a wide angle lens, I have a Canon but I need to purchase a 28mm wide angle as that will be better then the 50mm I use at the moment.

26. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Actually Mark, for car show use and car portrait use, I think you would be happier if you purchased something like their 24-105mm zoom or 24-70 - assuming you are using a full frame sensor body like a 5D or 6D. Another good choice after you have one of those is a 16-35 or similar. I use a Nikon 24-70 and also a 16-35 most of the time depending on the show. You will like the flexibility of being able to zoom in and crop or being able to get the whole car in from a close vantage point.

Roger Malick's 1957 Ford Fairlane

[​IMG]

whiplash1923T and Dave Mc like this.
  27. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

and its very cool dashboard
    [​IMG]

whiplash1923T likes this.
  28. tevintage

tevintage

Great 57 Ford. A beautiful dashboard and the fuzzy dice are fun despite what the car snob MM says!! TEB

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

I liked it a lot too, TEB ( obviously)

Brian and Maria Dickoff's 32 coupe and 52 Ford pickup
    [​IMG]

30. Now there is two excellent examples of photography in those last three photo's . The last is how I would take most of my photo's where it appears I'm standing up over the vehicle, which suits this shot as it makes the Truck look super low but the cars in the back ground give distance and size to the image. Where as the photo of the '57 Ford brings the car more into the picture and makes it the main subject. It makes me focus on the car totally and appreciate the car. Well Dan, that is my thoughts and it is where I go wrong most of the time, I forget to get down and look at the angles to improve what I am trying to capture. The interior shot is excellent too, was the window down or the owner allowed you to open the door ? Man, I am enjoying looking at your work. Oh yes, I have ordered a 24-70 zoom lens from santa so hopefully he will agree that I have been reasonably good all year.
    ;);)