Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 3/8" V Belts

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by BillUSMC, Aug 24, 2017.

1. BillUSMC

BillUSMC

I'm having a hard time finding a 3/8" x 35" V Belt for my thrown together build in my 57 Chevy truck. Can any of you point me to a good place to get one? Every internet search I've done so far has turned up a ton of them but they all seem to be for lawnmowers and air compressors.....any help ya'll can give is greatly appreciated!!

Semper Fi,
    Bill

2. Budget36

Budget36

They should work fine...but whenever I need something like that, I go to the AP store and have them start pulling them off the rack for me to look at and compare.

3. Davyj

Davyj

2L383 Dayton belt, should be 3/8 x 35.5 available at Acklands Grainger.....

4. metalman

metalman

I don't understand the issue, can't get one at an auto parts store? As far as the size a good counter man should know the part number is the size.
    That said the Advance Auto Parts I buy most my parts from quit stocking many V belts, said they don't sell many any more. Guess that's probably true, not many cars still on the road have v belts anymore.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. squirrel

squirrel

it's not that difficult...go to an auto parts store, ask for a 7350 belt.

6. Dayco has a good online reference for belts by width and length. Try Summit, they have tons of belts listed.

7. RICK R 44

RICK R 44

Available at most any hardware type store are Fractional Horsepower belts which will easily last for 25000 miles or more. A 3L350 will be 3/8 inches wide and have an outside length of 35 inches. Throw an extra set in the trunk for good measure.

8. RICK R 44

RICK R 44

Sorry, I forgot that you are driving a truck. You will have to put the spare under or behind the seat !!!!!
    Sounds like a fun ride, good luck with your belt search

9. I've used the lighter duty belts for automotive use before, and they are built for low HP, and operating temperature. They can stretch in use, so if you can find the automotive/reinforced ones, use those.