Register now to get rid of these ads!

3-2 tunnel ram?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rq375, Feb 20, 2009.

1. rq375

rq375
    from Washington

anyone tried to run three 2gs on a SBC tunnel ram? I'm thinking of building a new top for a Weiand tunnel ram, and run the standard tripower 2g setup with progressive linkage and slash cut stacks through the hood. Also, I have a 36 pickup choped 4.5, how much of a pain is it to drive with hood scoops/stacks and an 8" tall windshield?

thanks

2. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I believe you'll find a major LEANING situation going on running a 2bbl as your primary fuel source. Those T/Rams have a seriously large plenum, and if you have any breathing capability at all (heads/cam), you'll suck the throttle plates right out of that center carb if the other two are not open.

dj

3. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

4. panic

panic

major LEANING situation

Backwards: not enough carburetor = too rich.

5. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

wait a minute:confused: if the center or any other carb is too small, then how can it be rich. If the engine isn't getting enough fuel to run properly then it's LEAN. This case is a small carb on a tunnnelram not giving the sbc either one.Not enough fuel or air. Oh hell I'm more confused now than I was when I started this:confused:. I'd like to know too cause I was thinking about the same thing awhile ago

6. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

I am gonna run 4 holley 94's on top of my tunnel ram with vintage speed adapters!

7. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

You ARE gonna post pics of this right???:cool: I thought of that angle too and that would really look bitchin.

8. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Sorry to spoil your parade but I have done it a number of times with both standard tunnel ram as well as the dual quad cross ram with excellent results. it's all how you set up the carbies.

9. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

Panic, I think you answer is right. Lots of fuel, not enough AIR.. = RICH..
    Duane.

10. 283nova

283nova
    from spokane,wa

my uncle has a weiand with 3 holley 500's on it works good.

11. panic

panic

It may run lean for a completely different reason: the plenum volume kills the vacuum signal.
    In general, the cruise mixture may be close but you'll need more accelerator pump shot to have any response.
    Getting the power valves sorted out is something else again. They're spring loaded, but the springs aren't adjustable (IIRC), and with the plenum volume and the vacuum divided among all 3 carbs the power system is going to come on too soon for mileage.
    The cheap trick is to disable it - then you have to run really big main jets, and your mileage goes to hell.
    Read the Roe Rochester book.

12. Crease

Crease

Slickster, why not just make a plate???

13. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Mostly because i don't have the tools or resources to do it,so i figure i will just do it the best way i know how and the easiest way i figure is just to put 2 adapters on the tunnel ram and add the 94's to it.

14. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Ya if i can ever find some carbs that are reasonably priced to rebuild to put on it and can get back to work so i can come up with the money to do it.But when i start on it i will for sure post pics.

15. JrFuel

JrFuel
    from USA

Attached Files:

• wild.jpg
      wild.jpg
      File size:
      53.9 KB
      Views:
  16. Crease

Crease

That's a pretty solid case! Should look pretty darn nice, I was just thinkin it would be a bit cheaper.

17. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC