Register now to get rid of these ads!

2x2 to 4 barrel adaptor plate

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jamin, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Jamin

Jamin
    from Australia

Hey, just wandering if anyone has used one of those 2x2 4 barrel adaptor plates such as the ones available from Eelco. I am running a 302W in my 32 RPU, at present its got a stock ford 2 barrel and I plan on installing a performer manifold with one of these adaptor plates with a pair of 94 holleys. Any info would be of help or does anyone make a 2x2 or 3x2 manifold for the small block ford.

2. flatoz

flatoz

can run the holleys or other carbs using spacers. There are a couple of cars in Melbourne running the 2x2 setups without trouble. Weiand and Offy both made the 2x2 set ups, The below one is an EELCO that I am seting up for a mate. the picture below that is of a set up that I built for another mate, its an offy adapter, really only should use 97's for them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Do a search on the HAMB for threads started by dickster27. He has put out a few of those 2x2 to 4 intake with carbs, The guy does some really nice work. His intakes with carbs, fuel lines and stacks are a work of art.

4. rustbucket

rustbucket
    from DFW Texas

I have one of dickster's 2x2 set-ups. He's a hell of a cool guy. Quality stuff and even gave tech AFTER the sale.

Attached Files:

5. Bert

Bert

thats a nice pair of jugs there corey, I will yell out when Im at the carb stage for a set of those liitle twin linkage setup if thats OK.............it would be nice if someone cast up one of these 4barrellx2 adapters you guys are talkin about, one that had a little more height.................cheers, Bert

6. flatoz

flatoz

bert,

Just let me know when you want one. have a look at the first picture , the carbs are sitting on 2" spacers.

7. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

You can set 'em up progressive too if you want...

8. Jamin

Jamin
    from Australia

Flatoz, thanks for your advice. What's the go with the spacers? Is it for flow, clearance or purely visual?

9. flatoz

flatoz

Jamin,

the carbs that I show in the picture are stromber WW they are a 4 bolt base, the adaptors your talking about are 3 bolt base.

if you want more info drop me a pm.

[​IMG]

10. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

my buddy Doug recently swapped one onto his caddy mill,...i think he got it from vintage speed??? its set up progressive,,

[​IMG]

11. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

PM lowsquire or go see his ride with his vintage speed setup at ranchodeluxe.com