Register now to get rid of these ads!

2x2 manifold for SBC???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, Apr 8, 2005.

1. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

I've heard of a 2 deuce manifold for SBCheby. Has anyone seen one or have a photograph???? How about one for sale?

2. I asked the same ?? a while ago. I didnt get too many responses. I did get one saying that SamIyam made one.. which is way cool, but not a route I want to go. Someone also mentioned one that is mainly a boat speed equip. co. but I cant remember the name. I would like some more info as well.

3. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

Nicson made one.Ive got to scan that article I have from an old issue of Car Craft and post it .Louie

4. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Cool, I would love to see that. Put it up!

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. sonnyb

sonnyb
    from n.c.

speedway motors makes an adapter i think..bolts on to a 4bbl manifold in a Y configuration, then you bolt on 2 2bbls.. probably not much better then a 4 bbl but they look cool.:cool:

6. Yeah I have an Offy one of those.

Nicson thats the name I was trying to think of. Seems like they are super rare. Is that correct??

7. Heres' the one I made...
    Sam.

8. Mo Junk

Mo Junk

I am running 2 deuces on my modified-or will be shortly. I purchased an older offenhauser 2x4 aluminum intake with the oil fill tube ($75.00) I then purchased two of the 2brl. to 4brl. adapters and two rochester 2brls. at a swapmeet. The carbs were $5 or $10 each and the adapters about two bucks. They are common items and cheap. The adapters are $20.00 new at O'Reilly or Autozone. I filled the un-needed holes in the adapters with JB-weld and painted the adapters to look nice. You don't have to do that. Anyway counting the cost of the rebuild kits, carbs, adapters,rod ends, etc. I will have about $125.00 in the whole system. I was even able to fabricate a simple bracket for the kickdown cable which pulls off the front carb. My engine is a stock 255hp 69' 350 so I think it will run pretty good and have good fuel distribution. It looks real traditional. I'll be on the road in less than a month-we'll see. There's no provision for a coil mount so that will go on the firewall. Sam

9. krupanut

krupanut

Has anybody out there made 2x2 to 4 barrel adator out of tubing?

Sam, how about some details on your manifold.

10. RoadDevil13

RoadDevil13

Forget Speedway...buy from one of our own HAMB'rs....

SuedeSled sells this adapter.

http://www.nwspeedequipment.com/indsysparts1.php?id=1

11. krupanut

krupanut

That is a nice looking adaptor, nicer that the vintage speed piece and better priced too.

I've been thinking about setting up a 2x2 for the roadster and Martys is looking like the ticket.

I think it would be great to run 2x2s and still be able to bolt up the Edelbrock 4 barrle on race day.
    It'd be fun to see which worked better at the track.

12. i'm in the process of engineering one out of 1 5/8" tubing for two single barrel rochesters. if i get anything done on it this weekend i'll post it up.

basically, the carb will bolt to a shallow plenum that has one inlet and two outlets (the tubes) that will feed into a plate bolted to the top of an edelbrock manifold.

skipstitch did this for 2x2 on a 2bbl flathead intake (killer has one in there too):
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25014&highlight=slingshot+intake

also see 29EHV8's post at the bottom of this page for 2x2 on a 4bbl sbc:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17565&highlight=slingshot

29EHV8's is the inspiration for mine 'cept i'm using 2 round tubes instead of one rectangular runner......

13. It started life as an Weiand X-celerator SBC single 4v, open plenumn intake.

I had a buddy CNC mill an adaptor for the two-two's oput of a hunk of aluminum.

I milled the 4 barrel part off... cut down some of the walls on the inside... and then fit the adaptor to it.

Then had a buddy weld it on.

After that, I spent some more time grinding down the outside and blasting it all with sand to get the cast effect... a total of 20+ hours was spent building the thing... and that is not counting the $200 I spent to have the block of aluminum milled.

One of these days... I'm going to do a how-to on it...
    Sam.

14. krupanut

krupanut

Please do Sam!
    Thanks.

15. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

Here a bad pic Car Craft Jan.56.Ill try and scan later