Register now to get rid of these ads!

2nd anual WASHINGON STATE E vs. W run official thread 2011!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Feb 12, 2011.

1. All right guys, figured I should start spreading the word. Last years runs was a success so we are going to do it again.
    For those who did not see it, heres is last year debute run:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513728

OK, so this year is going to be the same basic idea. September 17th, 2011 we are going to have a little E vs W run. This is for FLATHEADS ONLY. This is any make, model, truck, car, bike...whatever as long as it is flathead powered. OHV conversions are accepted as long as the engine began life as a flathead design. You must represent a side of the state...even if you are not from Washington every car chooses East or West. Side with the most car wins.

The ending point will be the same as last year: Blustery's in Vantage WA. There will be two main groups, one starting in Spokane and one starting somewere in Seattle. However, you can start from were ever you want and take any course you want. This is a reliablity run, so no trailed cars unless it is a race car and it is pre approved by us.

It is still early and we are working on getting flyers made and we will nail down the fine details in the next couple months. Please ask any questions on here and look for updated information. Last year we had 68 cars/trucks total...that was a lot consittering the weather, first time run and being in the middle of no were :D

So, get out in the garage and start getting ready. September will be here in no time!!

[​IMG]

2. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

awe hell yea!

Too bad i grenaded my flatty 6 last september. Got a flathead 8 but not really the coin to put into it.

Is it ok to drive my sbc powered car if i keep the hood on and park in the back?

3. choppedsled

choppedsled
    from Spokane WA

Cool! I'll be there to help out any way I can this year.

4. This is a flathead event. Really not a place to bring a SBC :D

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He will have to park out there in the back 40 where I parked the mini van last year. We will be there, hopefully not parking in the cheap seats this year.

I did see one sbc powered black primered car parked in the big middle of the flatheads last year though. I think the car may have just moved from Yakima to Spokane just before the event. Have to check what's under those tightly closed hoods on those cool looking coupes.

6. Chris I know I am not in the mix here but why don't you make it a little fairer for the West side guys that have to drive the pass and have the meeting place in Roslyn. You guys get to drive out there where it is flat. It's a cool little town to have a show in. Much better scenery to meet in than that wide spot in the road called Vantage. Just a thought.

7. Roslyn is 93 miles from Amocat and 200 miles from Spokane. Vantage is equal distance between the two... thats why we picked it. Besides, we all went over that pass for years in our cars on the way to Hot Rod A Rama :D Its no big deal in a flathead powered car.

8. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Westers should feel blessed, both major passes (Snoqualmie and Stevens) are beautiful drives, and the Vantage terminus gives y'all an opportunity to stretch the legs on your hot rods across the I-90 Speedway. Not a lot of places to do that in the Puget Sound area. Easters love the open roads....and the equi-distance policy makes perfect sense.

dj

9. Sorry man, I guess was thinking that it was closer to equal. What's the date going to be. I need to let my dad know about this one. He might be down for this dealio! Didn't it rain like a bitch last year and was gloomy at Vantage? Will you do this earlier in the year like in August?

10. Thats the spirit :D

11. Septemeber 17th, and I emailed this thread to your Dad as well ;)

It rained last year in both Seattle and Spokane, but Vantage was awesome weather! Got sunny and warm

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

This bunch didn't have any trouble making it over Ryegrass with flatheads last year and I had to push the Van a bit to attempt keeping up with them.
    Photos here from last year. http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w71/mr48chev/East vs West No Overheads/

The best part of being at Vantage is it is about a 95% participant event that isn't looking for spectators or worried about a spectator gate making a profit. There are the guys and gals with the cars and a few of us who went/go because we are really interested in being a part of it even though we don't have a running/driving flathead powered car to go in. The few outside spectators who stopped by were really interested in looking at the cars and talking to people and not just some bored guy on "got the brats for the weekend" taking the kids out for a few hours to kill time.

I love going to Roslyn and went for 24 years straight to their Run to Roslyn until the new club members got snotty with me and haven't been back. But anything going on in Roslyn is automatically a community day with twenty non car people walking around for every car.
    The No Overhead run is a participant event and I hope it never changes and becomes a car show.

13. rodncustom

rodncustom

14. Thanks for the support! That is what it's all about!!!

15. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

16. pencil me in Chris, The 49 made there and back. It's got a fresh flatsix ,twin carbs, and new straight exhaust. If I only had a overdrive. The weather sucked when leaving Amocat, but Vantage was nice.

17. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Definately be back for this year with the flat six. Running the backroad State hiways is way better than driving on I90 going west... On the way home me and Jerry ran about 25 miles of hardpacked gravel roads,did a little "dirt tracking" with the roadster. Not one to miss out on!

18. most excellent.

19. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Sweet, i'll make it this year!

20. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Sounds like a GAS. Maybe I can convince my Buddy to make it with his '41 Ford Pickup. It's his only car, and he keeps it real dependable. Don't know if he'll have his McCulloch supercharged Flatty in it by then, but his 2 speed Columbia rear end should make it a breeze, or so he keeps tellin' me. Time to put him to the test. Seeya' there.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Tickets are $536 per person as of right now. Geeesh......

22. Betty Boop

Betty Boop

I can't wait to go this year! Hopefully, Corey (maybe with some help from me ;D) will have something ready. Either way, I'm thinking we won't miss out this year.

23. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

Hotrodarama is not a competition!

24. el Roach

el Roach
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man we had a gas last year! This will surely be one of the best shows in the West from here on out! I think we'll have a few more Aces & Eights there with Flat motors this year so "the wet side" better have some more cars show! Whad ya say - Briz? Steve?

25. Ditto !!!!!!!

26. You West-siders can cry all you want. Just remember it is a reliabilty run. It is not a race. Just a collection of flathead powered cars and trucks to see how many we can gather in one place at one time. If you guys do not think your ride will make it, you better stay home.

27. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

Sounds like you got it all booked :D