Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2nd Annual Southwest MO Hot Rod Hundred Reliability Run - April 4, 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bchrismer, Jan 2, 2015.

1. [​IMG]

It's the new year and time to start filling in dates for your Hot Rod Calendar. The 2nd Annual SWMO Hot Rod Hundred will be happening on April 4, 2015.

I'm still working on the starting point and securing the final ending point, but made sure I had a great meal planned for the end of the run! Steve Rohlman will be providing the lunch, with pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw and baked beans!

This year's route should be fun, with some time on Route 66, some rural area, and more importantly, for many, more available places to stop for bladder relief! LOL

The registration form should be posted by January 9, and like last year, early registration will get you an event T-shirt, event sticker, and lunch for 2 people. Early registration will end on March 1, 2015, to allow time for us to order the event T's. Event registration form will be posted here:

http://hotrodhundred.com/regional-events/southwest-mo-2015/

Event coverage, from last year's run, can be found on RoyBoy's site:

http://royboyproductions.com/2014/04...t-rod-hundred/

http://royboyproductions.com/2014/04...t-rod-hundred/

Looking forward to another great run, hanging out with friends, and driving hot rods!

Bret

2. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I'm in.

bchrismer likes this.
  3. LOL. Like there was any doubt! Looking forward to seeing ya, Sam!

4. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Will you be driving your F-100?

5. Roothawg

Roothawg

I'm shooting for it with the wagon......

bchrismer likes this.
  6. Looking forward to it! Thinking of driving the 63 Biscayne...I guess I better get to work!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    bchrismer likes this.
  7. Sam, if I come up with either some donor front springs, or the funds for some new ones, it's a possibility. Currently, the front springs are sitting on the bump stops, due to a previous owner taking out too many leaves.

I also need to go back through the carb. I think that my power valve must have a leak in it. It's guzzling gas at a rate of less than 10 miles/gallon. It drank a 1/4 tank of gas on the 20 mile run from my house to the shop.

8. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

I hope to have something together and make it.

bchrismer likes this.
  9. willystruck

willystruck
    from Grove, Ok

Planning on being there in the 49 Panel.

bchrismer likes this.
  10. Against my better judgement, since the start and ending locations are still yet to be confirmed, I am going ahead and releasing a "DRAFT VERSION" of the registration form. The info at the bottom and the liability release waiver is the stuff I need back, along with the funds. I will be confirming and sending out e-mails as we get closer to the event date.

SO...For the ones who want to register at the earliest date possible, you may now find a registration form here: http://hotrodhundred.com/regional-events/southwest-mo-2015/ You can download the form, fill it out and mail it to me with your registration forms, or...For you high tech guys and gals, you can paypal your registration fee to [email protected] and send your registration via e-mail to the same e-mail address.

11. Received our first registration within an hour of posting this, last Friday. Have a tentative confirmation on the starting point, in Springfield, and working on getting the park permit for the final destination.

Keeping my eye on the forecast so I can finally schedule a "route scout" trial run.

12. The destination location was confirmed today, with the cruise ending back in the home town of BenD. Registrations have been coming in, over the past week, and the T-shirt artwork has been commissioned.

Looks like this coming Saturday will be the initial "Route Scout" weekend, thanks to the current forecast of sunny skies and a high temperature of 53 degrees!

Pre-registration for the April 4 event is open until March 1. http://hotrodhundred.com/regional-events/southwest-mo-2015/ You can download the form, fill it out and mail it to me with your registration forms, or...For you high tech guys and gals, you can paypal your registration fee to [email protected] and send your registration via e-mail to the same e-mail address.

13. Good deal Bret! I look forward to the report from the "Route Scout".

14. Ran the first mapped route today, and with a few minor modifications, I think that we have a good one. Reached out to another potential starting location, after realizing a potential issue with the one that I had originally contacted. The route is mostly rural state highways with some great scenery. There is a section of Route 66 that parallels interstate 44, which should be pretty cool for the folks on the highways to see.

PLENTY of locations for restroom breaks, too!

Here's a few photos from along the way. This "Route Scout" was a solo run, so my apologies for only having photos of my truck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Registrations are beginning to roll in. Artwork has been commissioned for this year's event T-shirts, and we are full throttle ahead with the SWMO event! Be sure to get your registrations sent in before the March 1, pre-registration cutoff.

You may find a registration form here: http://hotrodhundred.com/regional-events/southwest-mo-2015/ You can download the form, fill it out and mail it to me with your registration forms, or...For you high tech guys and gals, you can paypal your registration fee to[email protected] and send your registration via e-mail to the same e-mail address.

16. Just figured out yesterday how to make the trip to Springfield a partially paid "business" trip. I need to visit one of our suppliers. :D

bchrismer likes this.
  17. jeepjoint

jeepjoint

Thinking about joining you this year. I live in SE Kansas. What is departure time on Saturday morning and is there a motel that you all are using if I come over the Friday before the Saturday run?

18. Very cool. We are departing at 9am, so you will want to be there and check in between 8 & 8:30. I'm still awaiting on a couple of people to get back with me, before I can confirm a starting point, but I do know that it will be on the Southeast corner of Springfield. The nearest hotels appear to be at Battlefield and Highway 65.

19. For those coming in from out of town, The Hampton Inn - South, 3232 South Glenstone Avenue, Springfield, MO 65804, has a block of rooms set aside for Hot Rod Hundred participants.

To make your reservation, you will need to do so prior to March 20, call the property directly at 417-882-6611, and use group 80648155. Their rate, for Hot Rod Hundred participants will be $85/night.

Still working on the actual starting point, and hope to announce that soon.

20. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Registration sent today

21. Sweet! Which one are ya bringing?

22. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Right now, the Nomad. But the '47 is running really well, too.

23. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Cool. Looking forward to meeting you. Now start working on Dr Dave.

24. Mo rust

Mo rust

I didn't make it to the event last year but after all the good things I heard about it afterwards, I'm not going to miss it again. I'm in.

25. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

My wife went with me last year. The route was planned with plenty of bathroom stops along the way. We really had a good time. Looking forward to doing it again. Sam

26. While Sam is being generous, regarding the comment "Plenty of bathroom stops", I do remember a few folks doing the "pee pee dance" as they waited in the lines of the restrooms at the first stop.

27. Twenty three days left to get your pre-registration submitted for the 2nd Annual SWMO Hot Rod Hundred Reliability Run. I greatly appreciate all of you whom have gotten your registrations sent in already.

For those coming in from out of town, The Hampton Inn - South, 3232 South Glenstone Avenue, Springfield, MO 65804, has a block of rooms set aside for Hot Rod Hundred participants.

To make your reservation, you will need to do so prior to March 20, call the property directly at 417-882-6611, and use group 80648155. Their rate, for Hot Rod Hundred participants will be $85/night.

The CrossMembers Car Club appreciates the support and participation of each of the regional Hot Rod Hundred events.

The entry form can be found here: http://hotrodhundred.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/SWMO-HRH-2015-DRAFT.pdf and should you decide to pay online, via Paypal, you may send the payment to [email protected]

28. willystruck

willystruck
    from Grove, Ok

Forms and money sent a few minutes ago!

29. Excellent. Just printed them off and will add them to the spreadsheet! Looking forward to meeting you and seeing that fresh panel truck!

30. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Room reserved. That's one check box complete.