Register now to get rid of these ads!

2nd, 3rd, 4th...OPINIONS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by badnabor, Oct 14, 2011.

1. badnabor

badnabor

I just wanted to know if any of ya'll had any dealings with Gibbs Brand "does everything" lubricant. Being the prudent shopper that I am, I just bought a case of spray cans of this stuff! I then realized that I should've consulted with other shoppers (like ya'll) and asked their opinions about their results with this stuff. It claims to stop rust, lube, and leave no "oily residue", etc. Is this some kind of secret fluid? I would think that if it does all that is claimed, WD-40 would be out of business.

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

using Ya'll twice in your post , I'm assuming you're from Tejas...:)

and yes, Gibbs is good stuff.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. badnabor

badnabor

Twice?! Is that all? I must be slipping into mainstream!

4. metalshapes

metalshapes

The WD in WD40 stands for water displacement.

So, if I understand it correctly, it will get into seams and crevices and push any water out of it if there is any.

What nobody has been able to explain to me, is how you get rid of that fluid ( out of the seams & crevices ) when its time to paint the car.

And even if that is totally harmless, like Gibbs is claimed to be, you know the painter will try to blame it if something goes wrong...

I'd rather have nothing on my car at all and scuff it up every 2 or 3 years.
    But I live in Arizona, weather here is dry and hot.
    If I was somewhere else it'd be a different story...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011