Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 2K Spray Max Clearcoat Application Tips Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55Thunderboy, Apr 15, 2018.

1. 55Thunderboy

55Thunderboy
    from NYC

Hi guys i tried to spray my steelies back in November and i screwed up bad on the clearcoat. I just blasted the rims and started over the other day. When I sprayed the 2K Spray max clear i dumped many wet coats because it was getting cold out, looked great until the next day and i don't think i waited long enough, the clear solvent popped badly and looked horrible with thousands of pinholes and bubbles trapped underneath.

I resprayed the epoxy primer, base coat already. I then sanded and sprayed a light base of the 2K clear and i let it cure, il scuff with a gray pad and then i need advice on the finish coats.

I am air drying this stuff outside but i have heat in my garage between 65-70 F. that i can spray outside and move the parts in the garage for a few hours.

Can any of you guys offer some tips as to how many minutes i should wait between the final clear coats, do you do each coat fully wet, wait 10-15 min to take up and hit it again or sooner or later?
    42141.jpg

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. What temperature outside when spraying? Too cold and it will never dry enough to recoat.
    Warm up the wheels and clear, take outside to spray, bring em back in to dry. Catalyzed clear should tack off in 20 min or so.